Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Flowmaster 40

What about the vortech outta the 92? Yank it and find a computer for one that came with a 5 spd and put it in the one ya got(assumimg its a 5spd) now? Or did insurance take it from ya?
    dOcKtoR sKetCh

4.3 was an automatic & so is my 2.8, supposably the engine was pushed back into the firewall and some stuff like that, plus it was halfway under water when they found it, they wouldn't even let me take anything off it- not even my hanging dice on the rear view mirror, LOL- I got them back tho- & there in my new blazer now :D I think they were busting my balls i think i should have been able to take parts off it--- there a$$holes tho.

I'd like to put a vortec 4.3 in here, maybe if it's alot cheaper then a 350 i'll go that route cause my vortec had some balls to it, but if it's only a bit cheaper i'll spend the extra $$ for more power...

I took pictures of the crashed blazer- as soon as i get a bulb for my scanner or a new digicam i will post them as well as pics of the new blaze.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'm going to price 4.3 vortecs now and see what i come up with.

Mike
    -MiZZiE

'89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

'88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html

Not sure how it is over where you are. But a 4.3Vortec will go for more than a rebuilt 350. Just for one in good condition around here they start at around $1200CAD so $900US or so, where as I can get a completely rebuilt 350 for the same price with all new parts. For a new Vortec..damn I can buy a 350 made to move having around 400+HP and even more lbs with the best parts. But that's just around my area, every place is different.

ate

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    if y our truck didnt come with a vortec v6 it will be alot of work, and just as much work and money to put in a fuel injected v8. If you are putting the same engine back in it might be easier and cheaper but an engine swap with FI is all the same, no matter how many cylinders

hey a quick idiot question as usual-

My 2.8 is FI, if i put the same 350 u got in supernova is that capable of FI or not? and if it's not all ya gotta do is step on the gas a few times before/while starting it- just like starting an old car right? not to much of a problem for me.
    -MiZZiE

WOW!

6 pages!!

...and I bet you still don't have an answer for the original question, huh?
    dOcKtoR sKetCh

Actually the people here are pretty cool with answering questions, my question for the 4.3 vortec was answered and it looked like it was going to sound AWSOME but i'm not so sure what the 2.8 will sound like w/ it- I'm wondering if i should just get a regular muffler since i need one soon anyways.

so whos got a flowy on there 2.8
    -MiZZiE