Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 71

Thread: airbags or hydros?

  1. #46
    chillin... SDimeBlazin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    714
    edit, okay i looked on ebay, 2pump hydro kits are 'cheap', so.

    I got 5 questions, please answer as many as possible, it's appreciated.

    1) what else do ya need besides batterys ? an how would u hook them up on a 4x4.

    2) I assume if lowering/bagging a 4x4 is such a pain then installing hydros is near impossible. is there places that do it for you if you supply the kit/labor $$ ?

    damn having a 4x4 sux!!! can't do nothing w/ it..

    3) with BAGS, or HYDROS would i still be able to use my 4x4 if it's done right ? we get snow here no matter how high i can hop i don't think it's going to get me moving, lol.

    4) how much easier would it be to juice up a 2wd ?

    5) also, when ya think of a juiced car doesn't wire rims come to mind ? i'm not a big fan of them but i don't thing solid chromes would look good bouncing down the street... something like 20" wires or something seems like it's obviously cheaper but would look like it belongs better......what do you all think ?



    sorry for all the questions.


    Mike
    Last edited by SDimeBlazin; 09-05-2003 at 12:20 AM.
    -MiZZiE

    '89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

    '88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html


  2. #47
    air-moving-member poppin'88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    972
    hydros are fucking gay
    CURRENT:billetgille, chrome smoothie, clear corners, clear bumpers, 90% shaved bodyline, 50% primer, sirmikes pan, bagged front: 2500stones 4 3/8th smc 1/2in line, 4inch blocks out back, ghetto tweed interior, broken window,and beats.
    FUTURE: 18's, shaved handles, shaved cowl,paint and a whole shit-load of fiberglass and vinyl.

  3. #48
    chillin... SDimeBlazin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    714
    Originally posted by poppin'88
    hydros are fucking gay
    Whys that ? (not mocking u or anything) what makes them gay.
    -MiZZiE

    '89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

    '88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html


  4. #49
    " Just Bring It" lowenuf90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    1,042
    well i ahve had both on my truck hydros and bags and i fdont know which one i like better they both have there up and downs though, no mess with air, but it does suck waiting for air , the monster 3 wheel was real nice , but so is draggin body!!!!

    now some of you might think im crazy but my ride was better with hydraulics( with Accumalators).

    so like i have always said to everyone there own , dont knock someone just because they have something different this is all the same hobby air or juice there all the same , so pick on what you want not what everyone else thinks.

    .........Bags are for Groceries.......

    .........Juice is for Babies.............


    these are things i listen to around here.

    so like i said i have had both and there both awsome if done right , so do what you want and have fun, DRAG THE HELL OUT OF IT !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :bigthumb:

    had to post this pic of last year at a big show i went to , DAMN I MISS THAT SHIT :cool:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LOOK HERE~~~~~>>My Body Drop Pics<<~~~~~

    ***** " Imports are like PUSSY's Every BITCH has one " *****

  5. #50
    I Smoke Rocks... eacyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    511
    Originally posted by SSX ChEvYbLaZeR
    edit, okay i looked on ebay, 2pump hydro kits are 'cheap', so.

    I got 5 questions, please answer as many as possible, it's appreciated.

    1) what else do ya need besides batterys ? an how would u hook them up on a 4x4.

    2) I assume if lowering/bagging a 4x4 is such a pain then installing hydros is near impossible. is there places that do it for you if you supply the kit/labor $$ ?

    damn having a 4x4 sux!!! can't do nothing w/ it..

    3) with BAGS, or HYDROS would i still be able to use my 4x4 if it's done right ? we get snow here no matter how high i can hop i don't think it's going to get me moving, lol.

    4) how much easier would it be to juice up a 2wd ?

    5) also, when ya think of a juiced car doesn't wire rims come to mind ? i'm not a big fan of them but i don't thing solid chromes would look good bouncing down the street... something like 20" wires or something seems like it's obviously cheaper but would look like it belongs better......what do you all think ?



    sorry for all the questions.


    Mike
    If I am not mistakin' If you Bag or Juice a 4x4, you will no longer be able to use the 4 wheel drive. Now to answer questions

    #1) Besides a full 2 pump kit, and batteries, you will need to fabricate mounting brackets, and Coil springs. 2wd or 4wd doesnt matter for the batteries.
    If you want to hit 5' on the first throw of the switch, you will need lots of batteries or 4 pumps and lots of $$$ cuz shit breaks when you get MAD power.

    #2 There are many shops that will install Juice & Bags, but I bet most will not do it in a 4x4. a shop would be Hella expensive. In Canada there is a shop that will install 2 pump 6 batts for $6G's

    #3 see #1 answer

    #4 WAY EASIER

    #5 whatever wheel you want to run will be fine, keep in mind if you hop, 18 will bend. 14" & 15" old skool wires help give a decent ride because of all the side wall rubber

    Hope this helps

    :bigthumb:
    www.nekustoms.com
    Canadian Distributor For
    ~Suicide Doors~Air-Zenith~CanDo Specialties~

    info@nekustoms.com
    (403) 813-7825

  6. #51
    lays frame on 22's neverfinished94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    138
    i had juice on my 1st gen blazer and i loved it. i had alot more fun with juice than i do with my bags. it only rode bad when i was laid out or shy high. i only had to charge my batteries once every 2 weeks. my charger was $40 and the batteries were $120

  7. #52
    Registered User tjames3878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    37
    Originally posted by SSX ChEvYbLaZeR
    Whys that ? (not mocking u or anything) what makes them gay.
    you look fat! oh yea, where's my refund?

  8. #53
    Registered User mr08sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Topton, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    414
    are you lookin to hop?.... If so, I've heard hydro's are better for hopping than air.... Also, air is legal, hydro's arent ( at least around here ) though I know many guys that still run juice.... good luck....
    Drive fast? Why wait?

    Drive it like you own it!!!!

  9. #54
    chillin... SDimeBlazin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    714
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by SSX ChEvYbLaZeR
    Whys that ? (not mocking u or anything) what makes them gay.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you look fat! oh yea, where's my refund? :Quote.
    ------------------------

    WTF, what the heck is that supposed to mean. I don't remember me oweing you any refund....an i don't remember me postin any pics of me for u to say 'i look fat' makes no sence, lol i'm like under 165 an im 5'10", so if i look fat u must be goin blind lol........think yer mixed up bro.............internet people make me laugh sometimes :D
    -MiZZiE

    '89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

    '88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html


  10. #55
    chillin... SDimeBlazin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    714
    4x4s are no fun man, can hardly lower them, can't bag one w/ working 4x4 an can't put hydros an still have 4x4. damn.

    I guess i'll wait for hydros, there cheap too if only they would work out on a 4x4.....if i want a real hydro machine i'll end up buying a long ass Caddy or a towncar on lil' old school whitewalls n wires an juice up that & just lower the blaze. :(

    how hard are they to hook up to a caddy ?
    -MiZZiE

    '89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

    '88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html


  11. #56
    air-moving-member poppin'88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    972
    you shoulda thought ahead and got a 2wd :smoker:
    CURRENT:billetgille, chrome smoothie, clear corners, clear bumpers, 90% shaved bodyline, 50% primer, sirmikes pan, bagged front: 2500stones 4 3/8th smc 1/2in line, 4inch blocks out back, ghetto tweed interior, broken window,and beats.
    FUTURE: 18's, shaved handles, shaved cowl,paint and a whole shit-load of fiberglass and vinyl.

  12. #57
    chillin... SDimeBlazin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    714
    Originally posted by poppin'88
    you shoulda thought ahead and got a 2wd :smoker:
    I know, i didn't have much of a choice this time plus it's so hard finding a 2wd here, like for every 100 4x4s theres 3 2WD cause it's snow land up here. :(

    once i save up mad paychecks i'll see what i come up with.
    -MiZZiE

    '89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

    '88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html


  13. #58
    Registered User tjames3878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    37
    Originally posted by lowenuf90
    well i ahve had both on my truck hydros and bags and i fdont know which one i like better they both have there up and downs though, no mess with air, but it does suck waiting for air , the monster 3 wheel was real nice , but so is draggin body!!!!

    now some of you might think im crazy but my ride was better with hydraulics( with Accumalators).

    so like i have always said to everyone there own , dont knock someone just because they have something different this is all the same hobby air or juice there all the same , so pick on what you want not what everyone else thinks.

    .........Bags are for Groceries.......

    .........Juice is for Babies.............


    these are things i listen to around here.

    so like i said i have had both and there both awsome if done right , so do what you want and have fun, DRAG THE HELL OUT OF IT !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :bigthumb:

    had to post this pic of last year at a big show i went to , DAMN I
    MISS THAT SHIT :cool:

    you look fat! oh yea, where's my refund?

  14. #59
    Registered User tjames3878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    37
    Sorry SSX ChEvYbLaZeR. I hit the wrong button. I was talking about that LOSER Lowenuf90!
    Last edited by tjames3878; 09-10-2003 at 03:25 AM.

  15. #60
    Senior Bember blaze91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,327
    you spelt loser wrong.



    Originally posted by poppin'88
    hydros are fucking gay

    i am mocking you. how are hydros, ''fucking gay''?
    4500 hp 392 TBI
    14" Foose "Spank 5's"
    Shaved windshield mod
    124 pump hydro setup with 7-link
    Blue paint finally

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •