What size wheel and tire??

Hey yall I'm shopping around for some 18" rims for my 88 blaze... I need to know what the best width and backspacing to get. Also what size tire to use... lowest profile preffered.. Its not bagged now but I am gonna bag it next year or so, and I want to lay frame without em rubbing... Or would 17's be better for a 1st gen blaze???

Lemme know... Thanks
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    gimme $1200 and you can have my 17s. They have some scratches on em. They are 17x7 +40mm offset with half wornout 205/45 Falken Ziex tires.
    Good Bye Blazer

well im gettinn the hook up from a friend on rims... so i'm goin that route... only mentioned the 17's is cuz i'm not sure if 18's will be too big to run without the truck sitting to high, or rubbing. And I'd like to get the widest rim/tire i can without rubbing...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Your not gonna lay up front with 18's without doing some significant cutting of the spring pocket/frame.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

what about 17's??
    Build Thread

With the right tires, I don't think 17's are a problem.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

ok kewl then I'll go with 17's, but I still need to know what size to use... width (widest I can use and still lay frame), backspacing, and what size tire (lowest profile).
    Build Thread

Check this link. It has some helpful info

http://forums.s-series.org/viewtopic.php?t=152
    www.nekustoms.com
    Canadian Distributor For
    ~Suicide Doors~Air-Zenith~CanDo Specialties~

info@nekustoms.com
    (403) 813-7825

sweet thats what I needed, forgot about that sticky on the other board... thanks bro...
    Build Thread