Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 91 Blazer 4.3 To Typhoon 4.3?

Question 91 Blazer 4.3 To Typhoon 4.3?

I kno someone in here knos how to do it, that is my goal by next year i found a place to buy an engine and T-case from a bravada, but i just need to kno what else i need to do, like transmission, computer, ne thing else. Thanx
    I wanted to say something deep and phylisophical, but then i relized i wasn't deep and phylisocphical

If you want to go to a typhoone, you will need the Turbo 4.3, transfercase, ECM, transmission, cladding, center shifter, gauge cluster, intercooler, wastegate, and several other things... Even used, if you can find the parts, overall cost will be around 12-15000 dollars (yes that's thousand not hundred) You're better off just finding a typhoon for sale..
    Support Sattelite Radio! Goto www.siriusbackstage.com
    goto http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal to see my updated pics!

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile
    "I live with 2 retards and a deaf person.....It's not so bad..." --Grandma

nah, i don't want it to look like a typhoon, i just want the engine, i found an angine online, im waiting on gettin it, its about 4 g's and comes worked out from tobefast.com, but thats not including my tranny but i also have some outher connections so i don't think it will be that much, i have another question. . . .whats Ecm
    I wanted to say something deep and phylisophical, but then i relized i wasn't deep and phylisocphical

ECM is the computer... You will need the typhoon ECM, Transfer case, cvshafts, spindles, tranny, waste gate, intercooler, gauge cluster, and shifter
    Support Sattelite Radio! Goto www.siriusbackstage.com
    goto http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal to see my updated pics!

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile
    "I live with 2 retards and a deaf person.....It's not so bad..." --Grandma

forget about it, i just found a pissed 350 i think im gonna buy from my friend, now i need to figure out how to get it in. . .

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    "You will need the typhoon ECM, Transfer case, cvshafts, spindles, tranny, waste gate, intercooler, gauge cluster, and shifter"

If you can bolt up a 350 TBI engine to a stock Blazer using the existing PCM I'm sure the only things on that long list that you'd actually NEED are the waste gate and intercooler.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    "that is my goal by next year i found a place to buy an engine and T-case from a bravada"

The bravada motor is not the same. It is not turbocharged.

ECM = Electronic Control Module right?....
    Last edited by mr08sports; 08-08-2003 at 02:00 PM.
    Drive fast? Why wait?

Drive it like you own it!!!!

well it sounds good at least.... I could be totally wrong, but that just popped in my head so I thought I'd ask....
    Drive fast? Why wait?

Yes. ECM is Electronic Control Module. It's the computer. The newer term is Powertrain Control Module or PCM.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

ah nice....
    Drive fast? Why wait?

I knew I went to school for somethin'. HAHA

actually you cant bolt a typhoon 4.3 to the ecm/pcm of the regular 4.3.
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    :rolleyes:

Ba - bup - pa pa da dang ga dang dang yi dip ti ta dip - blue moon

shoo be do wop!

Just picture your grandparents "bumping uglies" in the back seat of a 57 chevy

are the air/fuel set ups the same?.... I didnt think you could because the regular ecm doesnt have anything programed in it for the turbo.... unless you would somehow use a piggyback on the regular ecm
    Drive fast? Why wait?

its alot of things but talk to c ouple of the ty owners on here and they will run down a whole list of things. or go to www.syty.org
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    :rolleyes:

Ba - bup - pa pa da dang ga dang dang yi dip ti ta dip - blue moon

shoo be do wop!

Just picture your grandparents "bumping uglies" in the back seat of a 57 chevy