Thread: lowering noises

phhh

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar
    well when i droped my truck problems i had after droping besides the lower ball joints, it was the shocks where botoming out. some belltech lowering shocks did the trick and it rides ALOT BETER.LOL before it was jumpen up and down like i had hydros.LOL
    and my next big problem was the massive poping noise was the rear drive train universal just about snaped i half......... im suprised it drove as long as it did before i jacked the truck up and turned the wheels and noticed it was just about ready to snap! preaty cheap and quick fix if you got the equipment to press the bearing out and a vise to put the new ones back in. it might be a good idea for when ya drop the truck to take outt the back drivetrain piece and put it back in. i thought mine was jacked because it was stuck solid!!!!! took me about 20 min to get the drivetrain to go forward so it would come out. i think thats why it jacked up it was frozen in that one spot. i think ill replace the rear shocks soon to just make it ride smoother with some new shocks.
    when i took my front ones off they where completely jacked!!!!!!!!! full of oil and water and junk and just moved so freely it was just like a stick
    1997 C1500 extended cab, 4/6drop, helper bags almost to low.
    2 15mtx 8500s behind my head.

i have all bell tech ... shocks included.. i head something in my rear tis morning wehn i was hitting my brakes nd making the jimmy bounce... it rainied today and sounded like it was comming from the rear.... I had my brakes cheacked and those where fine roters and everything.. Ihad my pinnel seal replaced last week.. but i am still getting these damn sounds... squecks and pops and cracks and been lowerd for almsot a month now.. Is anyone in dallas area that knows bout lowering that can help.. or even hear it... I dont want nothing to snap or break.. ihave no idea what this is

only thing that it might be is maybe they didnt torche the Ubolts properly and they are loose. not realy sure. so many things it might be does this do it all the time?
    and if you have a jack. jack the trucks rear axle off the ground and spin the tires back and forth see if you hear any noises. might be the universal, gears in the back axle,shocks,leaf springs. so many posibilities.
    id say the easiest thing you could do is take it to some auto shop that gives free estimates. have them look at it and see what it could be......... thats what ive done acouple times. :) let them do the hard work figuring out what the problem is. :)

another thing i might try is spraying the rear swap bar joints and rubber bushings with soe WD40 and also the leafs and bolts and such. it might just do the trick if its just a minor squicks
    good luck

not realy sure. so many things it might be does this do it all the time?
    Yes it does it all the time... Most the time when i go over a speed bump and where the tires go up (u hear) and back down (u hear) but u can stand on the frront and bounce and never hear it.. only time you hear it is going over bumps.. i will try srpaying wd40 everywhere... but i though it might jsut be setting in but.. i nevers sets in.. i even hit sump good bumps to make sure and same thing.. i am stumped

Sounds like a U-Joint to me.

Remember guys, it was worn in at a certain angle and now that you have dropped it, they are working at a different angle.

U-Joints are super cheap, I would replace them and see if it will help, which it should.

I know mine squeaks (not lowered) , but my shocks have 122,000 miles on them and they are factory.

Need a cost effective solution to change them and don't want to drop a huge load on them for now.

ya come to find out mine actualy does that little squick also. i just have my stereo on all the time and never heard it before. :) i think mine is just the shocks tho. no clue when they where replaced last....... because my rear isnt exactly level its like 1/2 to 1inch off from side to side. but my trucks got 150K on it i probably need to replace the leafs and shocks

Dry shocks will squeak and chirp from time to time especially when it's warmer out.

I dont think your has leaf springs, only coil in the back if I remember correctly.

i know my 4x4 is leaf springs in the rear.

Shit, I could be wrong. :/

well in my book i have it was 2 different pictures for the front, 2wheel drive has coils and the 4x4 has torsion bars,
    and for the rear it only has one picture with leafs and shocks

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    ALL S10'S have leaf spring rear ends.

lol come on guys, u should know tht, u have a blazer, know your truck!?!?! hah. 2wd have coils in the front, leafs in teh back, 4x4 have torsion bars up front leafs in the back

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

my bad, we all make mistakes.

its all good. now ya know. ;)