Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why belltech

Loyal to the Diamond R whtxblazer02's Avatar
    i was just being sarcastic, :)

jonathan

Ok here is the deal. I have used just about all of the companies. (Bell Tech, Westin, Ground Force, Aim, etc...) Without a doubt Bell Tech is the best from my experiance. With the other companies the trucks almost never set level. The quality contronl on the springs sucks. The service and tech info is almost non exhistant with the other companies.

Disclaimer... This has been my experience. Past performance is no indicator of future performance. Go piss up a rope.
    check out my rides at www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=18534

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    the only complaint that I have about Bell Tech is that I called to ask about actual spring rates in lbs. for their rear springs, and they couldn't answer my question. No body there in the building, even the techs, could tell me in pounds what their drop springs were rated at. Other than that, I love their products.

Thumbs down Quality

The only bitch I have about belltech is their lowering blocks. I bought 3" blocks and they had aluminum pins. Bought a set from AIM, extruded aluminum with a better pinion angle and steel pins. :smoker:
    85 - 350, 700R, 9" - SOLD!
    01 - Extreme PU, 4.3, auto -SOLD!
    98 - LT4, T56, Disc brk 8.5 - For Sale
    02 - Extreme Blazer Daily Driver - Sold
    02- Custom Chev Silverado - Sold
    08- Corvette conv.

I've ran Belltech blocks twice on a '94S10 and a '91 Jimmy, both 3" one angle, other not. Never had ANY problems with either. Handled great and lasted.

Nate

test

I am new to this sight and own a 92 Typhoon. I also happen to be the Purchasing Manager for Belltech so this post caught my eye. Let me set some things straight. Our warranty is lifetime, the five year ownership transfer is never even asked or brought up if there is a problem with a part. We stand behind what we make, period. Our shocks do have a 5 year warranty on them because shocks are a part that will wear out. Our application guide lists the 4x4 S-Series drop at 1"-3" in the front. At that drop you can set your alignment to factory specs. The torsion keys can be adjusted lower but you will run out of alignment. Anytime you lower the front end of a vehicle you need to set the alignment. Our 4x4 kit is sold without shocks for a couple of reasons, one is to be cost competitive, and the other is to give people a choice of which shocks to use. We also sell just the torsion keys only or just keys with lowering blocks for those on a budget. There are good companies out there making parts for our vehicles and some that are not so good. In most cases you can put our parts side by side with our competition's and see with your own eyes which parts are the best. Our tech department is one of the best in the automotive industry and I have seen them go as far as to help people that have purchased the other guys product because that person couldn't get help from the brand he bought. I am not here to pick a fight or bash anyone else's product. I will be glad to help out anyone here as much as possible. If you need a spring rate or information on our products just email me, I'll be glad to help you. As far as our lowering blocks go, they are made from extruded aluminum with an aluminum pin. The pin is just a locator and being made from aluminum is not an issue (don't forget-lifetime warranty).
    Regards,
    Eric Ridenour
    Belltech Sport Trucks
    Last edited by Typhoon2350; 10-03-2003 at 06:57 PM.

Well Empty pockets I hate to give some update on belltech. You can get shocks, blocks, or leaf springs in a belltech 4X4 lowering kit. It depends on who is selling you it. Also the drop is 1 to 4 inchs. As for the camber, I droped my 94 Bravada 8 inchs using the belltech kit and tire change and did not have any problem with my camber. Infact i didn't even need to get an alinement. Sorry I'm Not trying to come off to know more, because I'm far from that, but maybee you did something wrong.
    Thanks, Brettboom
    Altered Egoz C.C.
    Boomvda

Pictrues? 8 inches without an alignment?
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N
    Rollpan - Smooth chrome bumper
    Elemental Designs - Avionixx- CDT

Eat.Sleep.Lift...repeat EmptyPockets's Avatar
    haha maybe u did something wrong. let me see pics of a 8 inch drop wit no alignment. ppl that bag their trucks need alignment. there is no way ur camber could be that perfect.

and no on all the belltech info u just said. im a direct dealer of belltech and ive called them. SHOCKS FOR A 4x4 KIT ARE SEPARATE. i even have the part numbers from keystone. 3916 for the kit and 7302 for a pair of shocks. and its not 4 inchs. its 3 in the back and 1-3" in the front. i dont know where u guys come up wit this but i get direct info from belltech on that stuff. i doubt they would lie to me.

Read ur post then read the post above u. ITS FROM SOMEONE WHO WORKS AT BELLTECH AND YOUR TOTALLY WRONG. everything ur saying is wrong u dumbass. the guy above ur post works for belltech and u dont and he is right so stfu and stop talkin till u know what is true.
    Last edited by S/T Lover; 10-15-2003 at 10:51 AM.

Now lets get something straight. The information is from my own experience. I agree with doing an alignment when you do a drop. At this time I don't need one because it sits and drives straight. When it comes to the research on the drop I had to do on my own stuff, you are not the only one with a phone an the ablity to dial a f*ckin phone number. Typhoon2350 was right on his stuff. READ THE PART ON BEING COST COMPETIVE. Now with what is sold in a kit. Again it depends on who sells it Information boy. I had the drop kit offered to me from the keys, leafs, and shocks. To just the keys and blocks. The drop on that kit was 1-4 inchs. Yes it was done right. So I know what I'm talking about, it is from experience. Now how I got my 8 inch drop is, like I already said, is the kit and tire change from stock height. I'm using the stock 15" rim on 225/50/15. You need to stop telling people that they are wrong and take some helpful input. This is not the first drop I have done. I'm glad you know part #s . Now if you would just pull your head out of your ass and stop calling everyone names that are just trying to give some help, you would notice all the names you are calling people are describing you best. Good luck in all you DROP.
    Brettboom
    Altered Egoz C.C.
    Boomvda

sorry didnt mean to offend the expert body dropper here...watch out everyone else he knows what he is talkin about!!! haha

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    I run Ground Force. I have never delt with anything else so I can't tell you if Belltech, DJM, or anyone else's product is better.

The only complaint I have about Ground Force is their spindles. When I put them on my toe was set so far in the fucked up region my tires were squealing at 25mph all the way to the allignment shop. I had traffic backed up for 2 miles behind me because I couldn't go any faster. That's no bullshit either. It was horrible. But ever since the allignment everything has been cool.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

I think everyone has gotten as much as they can out of this thread, bye bye!
    Last edited by S/T Lover; 10-23-2003 at 12:48 PM.
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.