Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For those wanting to lower their 98 up blazer. Important info to read

> 3) 98 up the blazers started using 1.5 inch higher body mounts you can just compare a stock 98 up 2 door blazer to a 94 up stock s10 and see how much higher it sits. the pre 97 blazers have the same body mounts.

My apologies if this has been covered before, but could not find anything much on it...

Do you know if it is possible to swap the body mounts on a 98-up 2 Door Blazer with the early model ones? Sure sounds like a decent way to get the body another 1.5" closer to the ground...

BR549

Registered User blazertukindubs's Avatar
    does that body mount fact only pertain to 2 door blazers or 4 door too??? if it does for 4 doors then that would be a good way to get 1.5 more inches. if anyone knows thanks.
    20 inch Boyd Coddington Slayers
    IT DRAGS!! //FALLEN\\
    fully shaved
    ********** 20 inch ALBA BLAZE FOR SALE 1300 OBO ***********
    *********** ALSO 4 MMATS PRO-CAST AND A MMATS 1400 WATT AMP FOR 1000*******

blaz1n
    Originally posted by blazertukindubs
    actually you only have to get different spindles if you have a 98 or 99. 00 went back to the old s10 spindle.

so is this true or no????

If you have a blazer and itsa 98 or newer, you have to run the 98+ Spindle which is a bit more money than a regular 83-97 blazer spindle
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

SPINDLE QUESTION

I GOT MY SPINDLES FROM A FRIEND WHO HAD A 2000 SOMOMA AND HE GAVE THEM TO ME TO HELP HIM RAISE IT TO SELL AND I PUT THEM ON MY 97 JIMMY WITH NO PROBLEMS, OR AM I YET TO HAVE A PROBLEM?

82-2002 s10 pickup =the same
    82-98 blazer =same
    99-01 blazer i beieve are different
    02-03 blazer refer to 82-2002 s10 pickup.
    Im2Drunk2C: well bro i gotta run, work time
    Im2Drunk2C: later
    B o I k 2 0: alright
    B o I k 2 0: before you go tho
    B o I k 2 0: I love you
    Im2Drunk2C: awwww
    Im2Drunk2C: <3

Originally posted by Boink
    82-2002 s10 pickup =the same
    82-98 blazer =same
    99-01 blazer i beieve are different
    02-03 blazer refer to 82-2002 s10 pickup.
    My 03 Blazer uses the non-standard spindles, and I've been told from multiple manufacturer sources that _any_ 98+ S10 blazer needs this spindle.

BR549
    www.hillshotrods.com

Originally posted by gdev_
    My 03 Blazer uses the non-standard spindles, and I've been told from multiple manufacturer sources that _any_ 98+ S10 blazer needs this spindle.

BR549
    The two places I always check are...

http://www.belltechcorp.com/agps-final/btag012705.htm

and www.stylinconcepts.com (for prices and stock)
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

I did 3inch block in my rear and the e-brake line rubs on the rim, but should I check the brake lines for anything? I want to get rid of the blocks and i was on belltechs site and am now confused. the 5964 leaf lowers 3 but when you look at the Fine Line Lowering chart it says 4inches. Anyways I want to do a 3inch leaf with 1inch block, any precautions i should know about or block recommendations(angled/reg.)?

here's my truck:

http://www.s10forum.com/gallery/view...bum1894&page=3

Originally posted by frontalbr549
    > 3) 98 up the blazers started using 1.5 inch higher body mounts you can just compare a stock 98 up 2 door blazer to a 94 up stock s10 and see how much higher it sits. the pre 97 blazers have the same body mounts.

My apologies if this has been covered before, but could not find anything much on it...

Do you know if it is possible to swap the body mounts on a 98-up 2 Door Blazer with the early model ones? Sure sounds like a decent way to get the body another 1.5" closer to the ground...

BR549
    anyone know this? im curious too.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mycardomainpage

Originally posted by cdias
    I did 3inch block in my rear and the e-brake line rubs on the rim, but should I check the brake lines for anything? I want to get rid of the blocks and i was on belltechs site and am now confused. the 5964 leaf lowers 3 but when you look at the Fine Line Lowering chart it says 4inches. Anyways I want to do a 3inch leaf with 1inch block, any precautions i should know about or block recommendations(angled/reg.)?

here's my truck:

http://www.s10forum.com/gallery/view...bum1894&page=3
    only need angled blocks if the pinion angle has been messed with like you would need it for sure on anything drop blocks more than 3inch.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mycardomainpage

isnt the reason for the new spindle because they went to a bigger brake on the blazers? if so why would they start putting smaller brakes back on them?
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love

They didnt go back to smaller brakes since 1998. 1998-2005 all use the same dual piston brakes. 1998-2005 all use the special spindles. The reason for the spindles is 2 fold. One to allow more room for the bigger brake caliper and rotors and the other is that they made VERY FEW 2 wheel blazers. Why change everything out for a few!!

I dont know who came up with this body mount crap, but there exactly the same. Mid sections just over the axle the body sits dam near on the frame. 4x4's naturally sit lower than a 2 wheel because a 2 wheel uses a completely different suspension that a 4x4 does.

Pinion shims need to be used anytime over 1 inch of drop. 1 degree per inch drop till 4 inches, then it must be measured begining at 4 to correct. The one degree per inch nullifies at 3+.

i used no shims and im at a 3.5/3 on my my 4x4...and if u look at a 97 4x4 next to my 98 4x4 my 98 sits 1.5 inches higher when at stock height

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

the 94&up blazers definitely use a taller bodymount.. look at one from the side, you can see almost the entire frame!
    www.subsonickustomz.com
    www.njtruckscene.com
    if you have a 1st gen 4 door blazer, 2wd for sale, click here:
    http://www.s10forum.com/classifieds/...?product=29789