Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 86

Thread: For those wanting to lower their 98 up blazer. Important info to read

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    119
    SO you guys know n20 noma was me ;)
    02 Blazer- Dropped 5/6, Coilovers, notched, belltech FAT SWAYBAR Front and rear, 20x8/20x9 Chrome Irocs with 245/40/20---275/40/20 toyos, Color matched handles, Street Scene Mirrors, Euro lights, Chrome bowtie, tinted, Hughes +3 quart deep tranny pan, Silverado Column bezel with Aeroforce Gauge inside it.

    Trailblazer SS- www.tbssowners.com Blown, slammed, fast 11.9@112 1.7 60'

  2. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    OKLAHOMA
    Posts
    18

    Question Flippin Brake lines

    N2Noma did you find pics on flippin brakes?

  3. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    119
    nope sorry but i did it on my 02 blazer i got no proibs. Just take them off hte caliper and have the line looping down toward the floor.
    02 Blazer- Dropped 5/6, Coilovers, notched, belltech FAT SWAYBAR Front and rear, 20x8/20x9 Chrome Irocs with 245/40/20---275/40/20 toyos, Color matched handles, Street Scene Mirrors, Euro lights, Chrome bowtie, tinted, Hughes +3 quart deep tranny pan, Silverado Column bezel with Aeroforce Gauge inside it.

    Trailblazer SS- www.tbssowners.com Blown, slammed, fast 11.9@112 1.7 60'

  4. #49
    Tricky
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bend,Or
    Posts
    16

    Lowering my 2000 Jimmy 2dr.

    :confused: I am wanting to lower my Jimmy 5" front and 6" in the rear. I have found a shop to do the drop and they have told me that the front fenderwells will need to be tubbed. They said the reason is because it is such an extreme drop and without tubbing, I won't be able to turn my wheels. They are saying that even if I run stock wheels and tires it will rub. I want to run either 245/40R20 or 255/35R20 front w/ 20x8 wheels and 275/40R20 or 285/40R20 rear with 20x9 wheels. I know I'll have to do a notch in the rear and thats no problem. I just don't see why I'ld have to tub the front. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

  5. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    :confused: I am wanting to lower my Jimmy 5" front and 6" in the rear. I have found a shop to do the drop and they have told me that the front fenderwells will need to be tubbed. They said the reason is because it is such an extreme drop and without tubbing, I won't be able to turn my wheels. They are saying that even if I run stock wheels and tires it will rub. I want to run either 245/40R20 or 255/35R20 front w/ 20x8 wheels and 275/40R20 or 285/40R20 rear with 20x9 wheels. I know I'll have to do a notch in the rear and thats no problem. I just don't see why I'ld have to tub the front. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

    1) BULLSHIT ON the tubs. Here is my 5/6 drop with 245 40 20/275 40 20 no probs. 20X8 AND 20X9 irocs. they barly rub at full lock on the rear fenderwell part but thats it. I just like the 40 series fills the wells in more.



    2) you will need a notch

    3) total for spindles, springs, shocks, leafs, blocks and notch is 700 bucks and it will be a good ride. I tested out 3 different shocks in the rear of the blazer recently and I can direct you to the best riding

    4) you can do the job yourself its very easy
    02 Blazer- Dropped 5/6, Coilovers, notched, belltech FAT SWAYBAR Front and rear, 20x8/20x9 Chrome Irocs with 245/40/20---275/40/20 toyos, Color matched handles, Street Scene Mirrors, Euro lights, Chrome bowtie, tinted, Hughes +3 quart deep tranny pan, Silverado Column bezel with Aeroforce Gauge inside it.

    Trailblazer SS- www.tbssowners.com Blown, slammed, fast 11.9@112 1.7 60'

  6. #51
    Registered User Veritas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    571
    Went out and tested this body mount foolishment measured from the top of the mount bracket on the frame to the floor of the truck is 1 inch... 2000 2dr blazer... the floor is as close as 3/4 of an inch to the frame at some points... theres no way they could be 1.5 inches taller because they are in fact not 1.5 inches high themselves...


    soooo myth...



    :nono: BUSTED :nono:





    lol... had to.
    Last edited by Veritas; 01-05-2008 at 07:07 PM.

  7. #52
    Tricky
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bend,Or
    Posts
    16
    :bigthumb: Thats what I was thinking. I've lowered 3 s-10's (pickups in the past and had no issues! they were only 4/6 drops but still... I appreciate the info and advice. I would like the info on the shocks. This is my daily and I'm driving approx 75 miles a day on the freeway to go to work. I would like the best ride possible. Nice pic. hey, what rear spacing do you have on your wheels? I want to run coy's wheels and need back space specs. The narrowist 20's are 20x8.5 with 4.75" and 5" b.s. I'm guessing the 4.75" b.s. will work. As far as doing it myself, I definately could do it but have no time due to work. Thanks again!

  8. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    :bigthumb: Thats what I was thinking. I've lowered 3 s-10's (pickups in the past and had no issues! they were only 4/6 drops but still... I appreciate the info and advice. I would like the info on the shocks. This is my daily and I'm driving approx 75 miles a day on the freeway to go to work. I would like the best ride possible. Nice pic. hey, what rear spacing do you have on your wheels? I want to run coy's wheels and need back space specs. The narrowist 20's are 20x8.5 with 4.75" and 5" b.s. I'm guessing the 4.75" b.s. will work. As far as doing it myself, I definately could do it but have no time due to work. Thanks again!

    20x8.5 get the 4.75 bs 245 40 20 if you do a 5/6 drop.

    rear the djm or belltech shocks rode the best. I have djm on mine now the belltech were a little spongy but rode well i just wanted rear stiffer. The djm worked great. The doetsch tech rode like shit felt like back was gonna fall apart on bumps way to stiff
    02 Blazer- Dropped 5/6, Coilovers, notched, belltech FAT SWAYBAR Front and rear, 20x8/20x9 Chrome Irocs with 245/40/20---275/40/20 toyos, Color matched handles, Street Scene Mirrors, Euro lights, Chrome bowtie, tinted, Hughes +3 quart deep tranny pan, Silverado Column bezel with Aeroforce Gauge inside it.

    Trailblazer SS- www.tbssowners.com Blown, slammed, fast 11.9@112 1.7 60'

  9. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1
    I've tried to talk them out of it, but I can't help it.

  10. #55
    Registered User suncad03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    mooresville, NC
    Posts
    259
    something to add to. i work at a custom shop to and have done a ton. we started to flip the calipers when doing the notch. it gives you a ton of room for movement. if you buy the sd.com one they make them thick and have found the calipers can hit. we have been building are own so it's not a problem. it's not hard to do.

  11. #56
    woo!! dancey dancey!! Boink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Streator Illinois
    Posts
    4,018
    I remember my old 99 Chevrolet s10 had 18x10.5 rear and 18x7 front. not sure what the spacing was. i had a custom shop order me my billet specialties wheels with valve stems on the inside of the rim and smooth lips. i paid out the ass for it. but they fit perfectly with no rubbing at all with a 5/5 drop.
    Im2Drunk2C: well bro i gotta run, work time
    Im2Drunk2C: later
    B o I k 2 0: alright
    B o I k 2 0: before you go tho
    B o I k 2 0: I love you
    Im2Drunk2C: awwww
    Im2Drunk2C: <3

  12. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    i dropped my 99 blazer and used old style spindles they will work if you use old style brakes rotors hoses and all.the ball joints tie rods and all that crap are the same. I had a set of spindles i took off my s10 rotors and all just sitting in the shop so i thought i would try it 4000 miles no probs. thought i would let everyone know cause its alot easier it find used drop spindles for the old style and new ones are cheaper to:evil:

  13. #58
    long member bigdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Butler, KY
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by IGnateTN View Post
    i dropped my 99 blazer and used old style spindles they will work if you use old style brakes rotors hoses and all.the ball joints tie rods and all that crap are the same. I had a set of spindles i took off my s10 rotors and all just sitting in the shop so i thought i would try it 4000 miles no probs. thought i would let everyone know cause its alot easier it find used drop spindles for the old style and new ones are cheaper to:evil:

    I agree with you on this. The old style calipers new are a whopping 10 bucks a peice . The rotors new are less than 20 a peice. If you go to a pull it yourself place they are even cheaper. That's a big savings over what the newer style cost.
    2000 Red Dime sitting low.and pretty.

  14. #59
    Draggin body packofqtips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    2,812
    the spindles cost what? a whopping 80 more than the old style??
    now you need all the brake parts
    lets use your prices
    2 calipers 20 bucks
    2 rotors 40 bucks
    pads 20 bucks
    let say 10 each for the hoses another 20 bucks
    bearings maybe 15
    and seals lets say 5
    thats 120 dollars in parts

    whats cheaper overall?
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love

  15. #60
    Registered User suncad03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    mooresville, NC
    Posts
    259
    +1 on that

    guys upgrade the barkes on there s-10's to a blazer.
    i f uped and sold stock brakes and lowering spindles because i had a big brake upgrade. after that did not work i was stuck with a stock s-10 setup and with the 22's all around you can tell the difference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •