Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: For those wanting to lower their 98 up blazer. Important info to read

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorKaos View Post
    :rolleyes: no it's just thought that way about a certain jax cop with his nose so high up in the air it's hard to believe you can breath. Do you enjoy the smell of your own farts too?
    hahahaha......look at that it worked, I knew you would post something after that comment

trust me my nose isn't high up in the air, it's just as level as most people's. If you hung out with me and I never said anything you wouldn't know I was an officer....you really have a problem with police officers, what did they do to you for you to be so anti-police???

and yes I do love the smell of one of my farts;)
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    Of course it worked, instead of leaving it all in that one thread you had to start spreading it to others.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Fetto's comment made me laugh and think of the other thread

you hate cops and that's fine.....if you ever need help and I can help I will, but that's who I am
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Marine Intake swap by me

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    Ok to end this finally, no I don't "hate cops." It was how you went about answering a simple question and it appeared that I wasn't the only one who felt that way. That is all.
    Last edited by ProfessorKaos; 04-02-2011 at 05:18 PM.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Ok so not to beat a dead horse but I've been looking at using the older spindles on my 99 blazer they use the same rotors so all I would need would be new front and rear bearings and it would bolt on .. its still 150$ cheaper and the bearings would be about 30 bucks the only thing im look at is the ABS sensors..

98+ blazers use different rotors than the older spindles and have twin piston calipers. Different spindles, bearings, rotors, calipers.
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Marine Intake swap by me

I know they have different calipers but they bolt in the same place and rotors and bearings arent expensive new I've had 5 s series trucks and blazers and Ive had all of them lowered including 2 that were bagged so I know the front ends pretty good but im sure that my hub is going out and they are 115.00 im thinking new spindles and the older conversion on it would be way easier to go...

Quote Originally Posted by 5x4.75x's5 View Post
    I know they have different calipers but they bolt in the same place and rotors and bearings arent expensive new I've had 5 s series trucks and blazers and Ive had all of them lowered including 2 that were bagged so I know the front ends pretty good but im sure that my hub is going out and they are 115.00 im thinking new spindles and the older conversion on it would be way easier to go...
    Well then I guess you know the twin piston calipers you have now will not bolt up to the older spindles without cutting the spindle and making brackets. Even then I'm not sure how the smaller rotors will mate with the larger calipers.
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Marine Intake swap by me

Seems like you will spend just as much buying the bearings, spindles, and rotors (definitely different rotors between the two) than replacing the Blazer bearings even at $115 each. Plus the Blazer hubs are easy to swap out. No packing grease. Just pull the wheel, caliper, bracket, and 3 more bolts.

eBay has a Timkin bearing for $150 and an original, new GM bearing for $100 currently. I'd reccomend either or both of those over most anything else.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-GENI...r#ht_628wt_904

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIMKEN-SP450...ht_2460wt_1141
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

Be careful with buying the newer sealed bearings. BSA bearings bought out Moog and the Moog bearing are now made in Korea and are junk in my opinion. I had two of them go bad in less than a year. My 1998 S10 truck had greaseable bearings in it. My sons 2000 Blazer 2wd and my 2002 Blazer 2wd have sealed bearings. I highly recommend you buy the Timken bearings if you want to expect any kind of life out of them. My Blazer has the Belltech 2 inch drop spindles w/ Belltech one inch drop springs. I didn't want to lower the front too much due to launching it hard, as I have a 389 inch small block in mine. The rear I put Belltech 3-4 inch drop springs, the drop height depends on which spring packs were in the Blazer originally. Always make sure to buy the Belltech( or another manufacturer) front coil spring spacer for the drivers side on a 98 or newer Blazer, or the Blazer will sit low on the drivers side after lowering it. I still do not know why the chassis does this. but believe me, it does. The springs can be identical and brand new, but the drivers side will sit low without the spacer in the drivers side.
    My 2002 S10 Blazer 389 C.I. 5-speed, 8 point BD Racing roll cage, 15 Gal. Aluminum Fuel Cell, Custom Traction bars, JAZ lightweight seats with RHS 5-point 3 inch harnesses (Weekend Toy and Harley Trailer Hauler)

OEM bearings are on par with the Timken bearings if they aren't the exact same. As in the other thread discussing the Blazer bearings I find most of mine on eBay at a reasonable cost by looking for Timken or OEM bearings in the original packaging.

http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...WD-Blazer-Hubs
    Last edited by Harley; 11-20-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service