Thread: Power Please!

Power Please!

I have a 2002 Blazer Xtreme, I have already done the K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit (FIPK), Air Raid Throttle Body Spacers, Flowmaster 40 Series Cat Back, Hypertech Power Programmer III, Hypertech Low-Temp PowerStat 160, and GMS High Flow Air Mass Sensor. Does anyone have any suggestions for more horsepower? I was looking into getting some JBA headers, but I can't find them at a good price. The cheapest I have found them is 400. Besides the headers, what else can I do?:cool:

Bigger Y pipe
    Underdrive pulleys
    adjustable fuel regulator
    Electric fan(gets rid of your mechanical one)
    Ignition upgrade, msd, accel, Mallory, etc
    nitrous kit
    blower/supercharger/turbo
    add a shift kit, don't help in with the ponies, but helps in performance
    change rear end gears, add posi

Thats about all the bolt ons I can think of at the moment. You could always install a bigger cam, head work, roller rockers, etc. But thats only if you wanna get into the motor.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Those are some great suggestions thanks. Now about headers, I have been told JBA are the best and that they add the most hp, but how about gibson headers? Are they any good, and about how much hp do they usually add? They are a lot easier to find and cheaper, so I was just wondering.

i've heard that jba's are the best and truckperformance has them for 362. i'm gonna buy a set next week and i'll let you know how it turns out

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    I've read alot of good stuff about the JBA's and thats what i would buy if i had a motor worth putting money into. 2.8:finger:
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

How much horsepower do the underdrive pulleys usually add? Also does anyone know where I can get the electric fan for the 2002 xtreme? Also, does anyone know anything about that new Hypertech Power Coil?

You'll probably pick up 5-8 hp. Probably no more than 10 at the most. For an electric fan,I'd go with the Flexolite Black Magic fan. I hear thats just about the best for s-series with the 4.3. That'll free up a few ponies too.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Do you know a good site to get the Flexolite Black Magic fan from? So does anyone know about that hypertech power charger I was talking about? Also, I am thinking about a supercharger, what should I be looking at? How big and what brand? Vortec, Powerdyne, etc...

Cool FANS

I took a set of dual fans off of a 96 Z28, and used them, it looks completly stock

If you are thinking s/c go with the ATI? as far as I"ve seen it's the only intercoooled one. the black magic fan is 190.95 from summit and 193.95 from jeg's, except they are now b/o till 5/21 i bought the last one.