Thread: Best drop for a 4x4

FUCK THE FACTORY!!! blazinberto's Avatar

Question Best drop for a 4x4

I was wondering on what would be the best drop kit I could buy for lowering my 91 s-10 Blazer 4x4? I found the belltech kit its $379. Any info about kits or drop difficulty would be appreciated considering I dont know much about lowering of vehicles. I am in the Pittsburgh area if ayone knows any shops that specialize in this please let me know.. Thanks...:smoker:
    Don't Sweat the petty things, Pet the sweatty things!!!!!!!

Belltech PN#3914

Hi "blazinberto":
    Summit Racing has the Belltech drop kit (PN#3914) for your truck for $319.00 without shocks.

Good Luck,
    SlowNLow

Shocks?

Nitro Drop shocks for best ride quality? How are DJM shocks compared to nitro?
    Compared to dropping a 2wd how much harder is it to drop the 4wd?
    Thanks...

Dropped 4X4

Go with Nitros for ride quality. I would use Belltechs or Doesche Techs. Dropping a 4X4 using a kit is simple and straightfoward once you get the torsion bar separated from the torsion key. Dropping the rear end is identical to a 2wd.

Thumbs up nitros

Thanks alot for the valuable information man...

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    you can alwazes do slim t-bar trick. check out the suspension section it has all the details how to do it. Thats how trigga dropped his blazer. check it out
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

AIM's porkchop airbags

I just came across AIM's pn#LIF-PORK-CV8294. It states it can be used to raise or lower your ride 3 inches in both directions by cranking on the torsion bars using airbags. Has anyone tried this? Is it worth the $525.00? I'm thinking I might be able to use "Slim's" trick and reindex the torsion bar through this airbag setup and maybe get it to ride better+ have control over ride height. Any ideas?

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    You said " best drop"? Well if money were no issue, the best drop would be the pork chop air bags to replace the adjuster keys and cross member assembly, but with it re-indexted 1 notch lower on the hexigonal torsion bar's ends. This would be about a 4 inch drop at ride hight with full bags, layin' frame when dumped. You would need adjustable upper A arms and coil over shocks also. In the back, for the "best" drop, you would want a late modle F body posi rear end with discs breaks and a custom 4 link mounting to the factory F body's rear end's mounting points, and custom brakets for the top 2. The bottom 2 could mount to your old leaf mounts. A panhard 3rd shock like found on a ZQ8 equiped Extreme and monster notch with bag / shock combos would finish it off clean!
    Of course, a set up like this will cost more than your truck did, but hey, you asked for the "best"!
    If you get this all done let me know. Then you can start working on a twin turbo LT1 with an AWD gearbox and a built 700R4 tranny.