Thread: Fan Clutch Problem

Ricer Killer

Fan Clutch Problem

Ok, what the hell. I was driving one day and when I put the A/C on, it blew out some warm air so I turned it off and when I got home, I popped the hood and noticed some smoke coming up from the A/C compressor. So I let it cool down and the next day, I went to my uncles shop and he told me my fan clutch was bad. So, I pulled it off and put the new one in. The A/C is working perfect and all now but now, the stupid fan doesnt turn off. Isn't it only supposed to come on at like 180 degrees or something? I hate it cause its sucking up all the engine power. Now, I cant even get my car to spin the wheels on a turn. That shit is gay. Before, it took almost no effort to accelerate and this stupid fan holds back almost all the power of the engine. Should I go back and exchange the new clutch for another one or is the fan staying on normal? Thanks
    01' Corvette Z06 Millenium Yellow
    Full length headers, Magnaflow exhaust w/ cat delete, breathless performance intake, predator diablo sport tune. It moves decent...

Take it back, and get an electric one. That'll free up some ponies for you. I hear that BLACK MAGIC fan from flexalite is a kick ass fan for the 4.3 s-series.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Ricer Killer
    Alright, I fixed the fan for sure now. I went back to my Uncle's mechanic shop and ordered another fan clutch for an even exchange. I put it on and its quiet now. Plus, I had to also fix the clutch assembly on my a/c compressor because the ball bearings were all gone. Well, all in all, I only spent 7 dollars to fix my truck and that was only for the ball bearings. Now, everything is perfect except I'm hearing a little bit of a rattle in or around my catalytic converter. Not sure what it is but Im gonna take it back to the muffler shop that istalled my flowmaster so they can fix it. (thank god that it will be free).
    01' Corvette Z06 Millenium Yellow
    Full length headers, Magnaflow exhaust w/ cat delete, breathless performance intake, predator diablo sport tune. It moves decent...

that rattle is proly the heat sheild on the muffler.:)
    2000 Red Dime sitting low.and pretty.