Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What if i used drop coils

what are u talking about a alignment for do u think a alignment will fix that i dont but if u do thats u i dont want my ride looking like crap thats why i am asking i want to be sure of what i do before i jump in it and mess my stuff up
    1990 2Door blazer, dropped 2"up front 3"out back, pioneer DEH-P3600, two 15" kicker comp's, a gm-2000 200watt pioneer amp. SOON TO COME flowmasters, a lower drop, fresh paint, better subs and amps and some 17or18" rims
    :blazer:

if you know what alignment is then you should know that will fix it. but now plain and simple(and hopefully you wont ask the same dumb question)YES IF YOU GET ALIGNMENT IT WILL FIX IT
    "hellacasey" IM me

so how does the alignment fix the lean of the tires???
    1990 2Door blazer, dropped 2"up front 3"out back, pioneer DEH-P3600, two 15" kicker comp's, a gm-2000 200watt pioneer amp. SOON TO COME flowmasters, a lower drop, fresh paint, better subs and amps and some 17or18" rims

Originally posted by Azer
    so how does the alignment fix the lean of the tires???
    it fixes the negative amber and toe that putting in new coils can caus. this should be the end of the discussion get them and then get an alignment and if it doesnt fix it put stock back on and sell em
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    :rolleyes:

Ba - bup - pa pa da dang ga dang dang yi dip ti ta dip - blue moon

shoo be do wop!

Just picture your grandparents "bumping uglies" in the back seat of a 57 chevy

i just dont see it fixing a lean like that i always thought a alignment was to align the the 2 wheels str8

is this a joke or something?
    "hellacasey" IM me

its not a joke

ok so your woried about your tires being sorta sideways and getting worn out....corect?

alignment acording to you and everyone else is to fix the tires to make them straight.still with me????? so if you get an alignment what will happen????GET IT!?
    "hellacasey" IM me

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    An alignment consists of parts. (If done by a real shop and not the neighborhood mechanic with a machine from 1954. )

Toe
    Camber
    Castor

The toe is which way the tire would be steering. If both are out evenly, the car might still go straight (pulling left/right at the same force) but would cause the tires to wear out. This would simulate skidding sideways with the wheel turned as far as tire wear is concerned. Springs will not affect this adjustment to the same degree new spindles do.

Camber - this is the "lean" you're talking about. Too much and the top will be out, and too litte the top will be in. This is what will cause the insides or outsides of the tire to wear out. Idealy at drive height you want the tire sitting flat on the surface of the road. Springs will throw this setting out because of the simple way the geometry of the suspension is and where the control arms pivot. It can be adjusted, just not a signifigant amount. 3" drop springs do NOT create anywhere near a signifigant amount of negative camber on S-10s.

Castor - probably the one thats never corrected but should be. Its the measure of how far front or back the entire wheel is compared to the wheel well. (Actually the distance between the front and back wheels) If the other measurements are all good, this one won't matter as much. Idealy it should be corrected but has little to no effect on tire wear. The only time you'd notice any ride difference is turning. It would pivot slightly different. (you'd never notice it)

So listen to the guys. Get an alignment from a 1/2 decent shop and you'll be fine.

im not woried about sideways i am woried about that lean did anyone look at that pic???

thank u

Originally posted by s10blazed
    Camber - this is the "lean" you're talking about. Too much and the top will be out, and too litte the top will be in. This is what will cause the insides or outsides of the tire to wear out. Idealy at drive height you want the tire sitting flat on the surface of the road. Springs will throw this setting out because of the simple way the geometry of the suspension is and where the control arms pivot. It can be adjusted, just not a signifigant amount. 3" drop springs do NOT create anywhere near a signifigant amount of negative camber on S-10s.
    where do these people come from?

shoo be do wop!

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Originally posted by 91blazin2last
    where do these people come from?
    Originally posted by Azer

lol

nuff said man.

shoo be do wop!