Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you think

what do you think

Attached is a picture of whats goin on with my bumpstops and clearance up front.

I have loosened the bolts, and this is where it left me. I had to trim down the bumpstops because I was bottomed out with no suspension travel.

I am still interested in buying some 3 inch drop torsion keys from belltech to add onto the drop I have now. Do I have the clearance if I remove my bumpstops to do that? Is it even worth it? Theres no way to tuck tire on a 4x4 without bags....

Ive also noticed that belltech says to not drop the front of the 4x4 more than 3 inches.... Explain to me what are the problems I could create. I dont really care about the ride, I figure if I have an inch of travel its going to be good enough. Id rather ride low than ride at all.

Basically I'm trying to get you all to motivate me to buy thoes 3 inch drop keys so I can blaze lower.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N
    Rollpan - Smooth chrome bumper
    Elemental Designs - Avionixx- CDT

bump?
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N

i did the torsion key flip trick on my truck and it was right at if not tuckin tire all the time. Then i raised it back up by drilling a hole in the crossmember and puttin a bolt through it for the key to rest on then u can get the height you want, and if u take out your bumps then it doesnt ride all that bad. The main reason i lifted it back up again is it was wearin my tires cause of the mad camber i got. I dont have to worry bout it anymore though, i got the front bagged about 3 weeks ago.
    PICS OF MY TRUCK AT http://www.cardomain.com/id/rjs_04
    My old truck www.cardomain.com/id/rjs04
    DONT BE A FAG.... HIT SOME SWITCHES AND DRAG!!!!

So if you drop, no matter what you cant get the camber aligned?

I thought that if you took it into a good alingment shop like s/t lover did, they can fix it up so you dont wear out tires and fix your camber....hence.. aligning..

Why didnt you just get an alignment?
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N

your laying on your bumpstops by just loosening the t-bolts, i was planning to do this but if i gotta c-notch it and stuff
    -MiZZiE

'89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

'88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html

96 4X4 under construction BLAZIN_D's Avatar
    well the factory bump stops are huge...if you buy the beltech kit it comes with new smaller bumpstops...i got the kit......they say if you lower it more than 3 you will mess up your 4x4 stuff...after my back settled it was real close to 4" and the front was 3".. but if you get the kit then all you need to do is take off the old bumpstop and the new one screws right into the factory hole :-)
    dustinbakerse: well it turns out...the bolt for the battery termanel was stripped and had a bad connection into the battery.......hummmmm...$300 part or a $2 part...very easy fix and truck is running fine now...lol
    dustinbakerse: the hardest part was getting the bolt out of the battery
    Boiky83: haha funny how things like that happened
    dustinbakerse: isnt it though
    Boiky83: like when you stick in a girls pooper
    Boiky83: and you say to her i swear baby it was dark i couldnt see

Dustin

damn that sounds almost easy..... :D

but you wont get a 3" drop from taking out the torison bolts will ya ? if i loosen them bolts will i have to get new shocks or coils/springs or anything like that or will stock ones be okay with such a small drop up front? will i need new bumpstops with that drop ?
    -MiZZiE

96 4X4 under construction BLAZIN_D's Avatar
    i was told that you can get around a 3" drop out of the front if you take the bolts out but the ride is going to be shitty....and yes you would need new bump stops because you would probibly be layin on them..and the shocks would probibly go after a while...thats the next step for mine is a good set of shocks....it rides just like factory right now (EXCEPT A LITTLE LOWER)but i know the shocke will go in a while.. the kit was really easy...better than i thought it would be
    dustinbakerse: well it turns out...the bolt for the battery termanel was stripped and had a bad connection into the battery.......hummmmm...$300 part or a $2 part...very easy fix and truck is running fine now...lol
    dustinbakerse: the hardest part was getting the bolt out of the battery
    Boiky83: haha funny how things like that happened
    dustinbakerse: isnt it though
    Boiky83: like when you stick in a girls pooper
    Boiky83: and you say to her i swear baby it was dark i couldnt see

Dustin

so how can i make the ride better, say i remove the bolts and it's sitting on the bump stops- is there any special coils/springs i can get to accomodate that drop and make it ride better? i need 4 shocks all around anyways so i'll just wait till i drop it and get shocks to fit the drop- what shocks would fit a 3" drop? stock size ? it doesn't have to ride like a caddy- it is a truck i just don't want to be bouncing all over the place lol
    -MiZZiE

Originally posted by SSX ChEvYbLaZeR
    so how can i make the ride better, say i remove the bolts and it's sitting on the bump stops- is there any special coils/springs i can get to accomodate that drop and make it ride better? i need 4 shocks all around anyways so i'll just wait till i drop it and get shocks to fit the drop- what shocks would fit a 3" drop? stock size ? it doesn't have to ride like a caddy- it is a truck i just don't want to be bouncing all over the place lol

dood, all ya gatta do, is take out the bolts and trim the bumpstops down, or take em out. Dont worry about shox unless you NEED replacements. Get an alignment 2....it will ride fine
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N

well i need replacements- the previous owner said it needs them ASAP if i drive around with them how they are they going to break stuff he said (in his words, not sure how true it is).

and if i lower the front- do i need differant coil/springs or are the stock ones fine ? keep in mind this is a 4x4......

what shocks so i know what to look for
    -MiZZiE

how long can i go after taking out the torsion bolts untill i get a alignment?? i want to take them out tommorow but i wont be able to get a alignment for maybe a few weeks........

yea your fine, ive had mine out for a few months and no tire wear yet, my camber is pretty messed up 2...
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    if you dont like your tires you can go months with it eating the inside of the tires up. If you have alot of tread you can get a while out of em. BUt your eventually gonna start showing cord on the inside

if i lower the front using the t-bolt trick- do i need differant coil/springs or are the stock ones fine ? keep in mind this is a 4x4......

what shocks so i know what to look for.

also- u guys are saying u removed the whole bar ?? does that get u lower then just loosening the BOLT or do you have to remove the bar too ? how low
    -MiZZiE