Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what do you think

Originally posted by blux
    FYI, C-notches are for the rear end.
    LOL, I'm an idiot :mad: i really need one of them books cause i got alot to learn.....i'm going to loosen them bolts tomorrow just to see how low it gets then i'll lift it back up, it's raining out now so 2morrow i'll update on the situation :D.

i'll probably remove the bumpstops all the way an get some new shocks o yea I need shocks anyways an if mine are going to go there definetly not going to enjoy a front end drop so i gotta get new shocks ASAP- any suggestions on perfect size ones that will give me a nice ride for the t-bolt size drop and a 3 or 4" rear drop in the future ?

you mentioned the belltech kit- how much is that? do they sell just the shocks n stuff seperate... w/ the t-keys how much lower does it get u ? i don't wanna go any lower then 4" up front anyways
    Last edited by SDimeBlazin; 09-13-2003 at 03:17 PM.
    -MiZZiE

'89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

'88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html

damn where have i been lol............, the bolts come stock about a half inch out, so you were right.....and if rhode island is near me....(i think it is) lol, its gonna be raining untill next friday...it sucks

It's actually nice out today, i went out there was about to start the job but for once it's actually too HOT out and plus i don't feel like getting all involved in a project & all dirty an stuff- told my girl i would go see a movie w/ her. :D

Oh BTW, JP do u got any pics of yer blazer up front after the t-bolts were removed ? plus your truck is black (well mostly black) so u got any pics of how them stickers/banners look on your blaze....wanna know what color to ask for when i donate, don't want it lookin all stupid.

Mike
    -MiZZiE

i've slammed my 4x4 and still on the same shocks it is not good but they work for now i mean they are compressed and ride like shit but it works

96 4X4 under construction BLAZIN_D's Avatar
    the full 3" in front and 3" in the back drop kit from bell tech is 400 bucks.. and shocks your lookin at around another 1-2 hundred for both..and like JP said the bolts are factory about 1/2" out..before you do that take like a whiteout pen and mark the bolt where it is that way if you dont like it dropped you can put them back right where they are supose to go...im still on factory shocks and my ride is fine still but i was told they will go in a while after lowering
    dustinbakerse: well it turns out...the bolt for the battery termanel was stripped and had a bad connection into the battery.......hummmmm...$300 part or a $2 part...very easy fix and truck is running fine now...lol
    dustinbakerse: the hardest part was getting the bolt out of the battery
    Boiky83: haha funny how things like that happened
    dustinbakerse: isnt it though
    Boiky83: like when you stick in a girls pooper
    Boiky83: and you say to her i swear baby it was dark i couldnt see

Dustin

ha, trimming the bump stops! I took mine completely out in front and all I have left now is my metal rim and it STILL knocks the arms pretty bad....also what's hitting is the upper "lip" above where the torsion bars end up front. I might have to do a little amount of grinding for better clearance.

so it's 400 bucks?!? thats crazy. why would you pay that for a back 3" + for 3" front drop when you can get almost that much for free ? how much is a 3 or 4" rear drop Alone ? what if i want 4" in back and 3" in front, i can get 3" out of the t-bolt right ?

can you "c-notch" the front of the frame were the bumpstop would be as well for better clearence ? as for the t-bolt, I will mark the spots were its at now, i haven't had time to do it but i'll do it this weekend and see how low i get.

Also, i need shocks anyways, my front and back shocks are rusted and dead, the previous owner said when i bought it that it needs shocks badly. SO if i plan on lowering it like 3" i need shocks anyways- so should i get regular shocks or shocks that are made for a 3" drop for the best ride? and if so, what shocks should i get ?

mike
    Last edited by SDimeBlazin; 09-18-2003 at 08:37 PM.
    -MiZZiE

96 4X4 under construction BLAZIN_D's Avatar
    ssx...if you just take the bolt out it will drop the same yeah but the ride will be shit.... my ride is almost as good as factory didnt even feel the drop on the ride at all..and after the back settles its about 4"s
    dustinbakerse: well it turns out...the bolt for the battery termanel was stripped and had a bad connection into the battery.......hummmmm...$300 part or a $2 part...very easy fix and truck is running fine now...lol
    dustinbakerse: the hardest part was getting the bolt out of the battery
    Boiky83: haha funny how things like that happened
    dustinbakerse: isnt it though
    Boiky83: like when you stick in a girls pooper
    Boiky83: and you say to her i swear baby it was dark i couldnt see

Dustin

I rode on beat tires for 5 months with a 4 inch drop b4 i had to replace the worn ass wire showing tires. no alignment

thats my 2 cents

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    Originally posted by blux
    So if you drop, no matter what you cant get the camber aligned?

I thought that if you took it into a good alingment shop like s/t lover did, they can fix it up so you dont wear out tires and fix your camber....hence.. aligning..

Why didnt you just get an alignment?
    The lower it sits, the longer the upper control arm needs to be to have zero camber. I used uppers from a full size Chevy 2500 4X4 at a 7 1/2" drop. I was gonna flip my torsion keys but they were rust/welded in. I banged on the for 3 days and finally gave up. So instead I drilled through my keys right were the bolts go and hung them from underneath the blocks. This meant I could still crank them up and down for leveling. The new uppers went on reversed and up-side-down to fix the dramatic angle on the ball joint. I used VW Rabbit rear shocks for the front. They were the shortest I could find with only 7" compressed and 11" fully extended. I put coil overs around them to help the T bars with the weight of my 350. I removed the bump stops and the steel they were attached to. The biggest interference was with the correct camber at that low of a drop was the tire to fender rub so I moved the wells up to the body line (about 4").
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

Sweet, got any pics of this setup ?

Nice.... But say I just get a 3" Drop, I'm not going to need to replace any of that and a good alignment will set me up fine, right?

BTW, No one helped me out here yet and i need this ASAP, all 4 shocks are DEAD, if you got over a curb in this truck you get all sorts of messed up lol, So, If i'm not planing to go any lower then 3-4" What shocks are the best for this drop, I NEED to buy shocks anyways, I can't use stock shocks in there anymore cause there dead so either way i have to get shocks. Also, In summit racing catalogs- What's these shocks that say they have differant settings, Does that lower/lift the truck any ammount or just stiffen/soften up the ride ?

What's the best shocks i can get for this ?

BTW- Blux, any pics on how low you got with the t-bolt trick ? I loosened mine a little bit just to mess around but didn't notice anything, so i'm going to take them all the way out but i want to get some shocks first cause mine are dead.
    -MiZZiE

yea im intrested in these coil overs, when can i get a setup like that, even with only a 3 or 4 in drop it would help right.