Thread: Floor Shifter

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar

Floor Shifter

okay... I was looking at getting the B&M Megashifter for my truck part #BMM-80680 from SUMMIT. My question is do I need to buy a new cable for it or can I use the old one? I also was wondering about a good tranny too... 350 or 700-R4? I will only race it every now n' then.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

I wouldn't try it if you are getting a new transmission. Length wise they are not the same. And they crossmembers are way differnt. The linkage could be longer or shorter, plus you are just pullin on that wire harder than you are with the stock shifter.

And for choosing transmissions. The 700r4 has an overdrive which is very nice. Instead of staying at
    2.52, 1.52, 1.00 <-- the turbo 350
    3.06, 1.63, 1.00, 0.7 <----- 700r4, that little 0.3 will save you alot of gas.

I have a turbo 350 with a decently built 383. I get horrific gas mileage. The turbo 350 is a little bit stronger, mostly used to hard driving, such as track usage for small blocks. If I were in your situation I would get a 700r4 and just do a few little ole mods to it like blazinlow.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

the b&m megashifter comes with the cable, and its also ready for a TH-350 or 700R-4, you just take a stopper bolt out of the shifter for the 700R

Get the 700R4, they can be built to last. You'll appreciate the overdrive.
    this is a test of the sig

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Thanx guys, I just need info from people that KNOW what there talking about!:cool: THANX AGAIN!
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11