Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: S/T Lover's V8 Swap Party! IMPORTANT, READ!

S/T Lover's V8 Swap Party! IMPORTANT, READ!

Hello Everyone.. This is an announcement for all of those gentlemen (and ladies for that matter) who are interested in a big ol' party and a little wrench turning at the same time. Blazinberto, S10blazed, SpikesBlazin, ZZ4Blazer, BlazinLow, BigJSP, Anyone else who is interested... Friday December 5th to Sunday December 7th, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.. Can I get a count of how many people might be interested. I'm real excited, a couple weeks till we start. :bigthumb:
    Last edited by S/T Lover; 10-30-2003 at 10:20 AM.
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

FUCK THE FACTORY!!! blazinberto's Avatar
    im there brother..... i hope me u and john get better weather then the last time we were workin on my truck.. but im assuming this is going ot be in a garage.. so its cool... :)
    Don't Sweat the petty things, Pet the sweatty things!!!!!!!

Is this the one that was going to happen last spring?

No.. The one last spring was the Bravada that I had, and it never really got set in stone, I never had any parts, it was just a feeler thread.. This is set in stone, I have all parts needed except rad and starter and I will pick those up sometime this week..

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Good. Thank god. You mentioned about the 7-9. And, of course, sunday the 9th is one of the one sunday mornings a year that I have to work.

Sweetness. I will be there. Is this like a, come friday and work till its done and running sunday kinda thing?

I dont' mean to impose, but I'd love to spend the weekend wrenching and kicking it with you guys. You guys rock. I have ZERO of a life, and control of my work schedule, as long as I know a head of time. Since the date is set, Im gonna make sure that I have an early night at work thursday, and a late job sunday night.

And a word to anyone that is/might show up. You have to bring your rides. This means I have to see your truck draggin John. And, BigJSP, you would have to bring the LS1blazer.

ok Sean, Im whoring up your thread. Im probably more excited than you, lol.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Ok guys, I had to change the dates a little, I completely forgot I'm going to the Staind Concert on the 22nd.. Anyways, the date, set in STONE, for sure, NO CHANGES WHAT SO EVER, December 5th to 7th, should be fun.. Yes, please, everyone must bring the rides... I pushed it back a little bit because of me, but I think that will help BigJSP and S10Blazed attend now :D Anyways, lets keep this thread alive!

Jim, your not whoring it up, trust me.. But goddamn I'm excited! AGH!

EDIT _ I"LL HAVE TO CHECK for DEC...... 2 minutes late on my original post. LOL

OK, I got a kitchen pass for at least for Saturday. Its my birthday Monday Nov. 25th so I get some slack.

We've got some friends that moved to Pittsburg and my kids have been dying to get over and see them , so I'll try to get that set up and that would make it the whole weekend, rather than a day trip.

If that happens I'll probably bring the limo truck and trailer the LS1 blazer as long as the weather hasn't slopped up and salted the roads.

BONUS TRUCK, if the weather is decent my dad will come down from Western NY for Saturday with his LT1 S15 ext cab. He just got finished putting a franklin quickchange rear end in it. Can you say 3.00 cruising, swap the gears and 5.65 for racing.

That would add 3 V-8'd trucks to the collection on your street.

Can you PM me an address I can work out travel routes. Phone# just in case.
    Last edited by bigjsp; 10-30-2003 at 10:32 AM.

OldCarGuy85, Yenko, Blazin Low, Catching Second, anyone else in the NY/NJ/PA/WV area that is interested in coming, post it up!

I made this thread a sticky to keep the motivation flowing. I'd like to come out to help for the simple reason that I LOVE to wrench. But my schedule is full as of right now. SEAN........PICTURES.............PLEASE.

EDIT
    Sean...maybe you could talk John into a video when you all fire the motor up for the first time. :bigthumb:
    Last edited by Yenko; 10-30-2003 at 01:14 PM.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

I DEFENATELY think that we can get a video.. That won't be a problem what so ever... I'm so damn excited right now, Jim has me all fired up to want and go start putting the damn thing in right now.. If all works to plan, I'll have the 2.8 pulled, the rad support cut for the vette rad, the firewall beat, and all the preliminary stuff done well before the guys stop down to party and swap... But Cliff, youll be with us in spirit.. Why dont you send us a picture and we'll nail it to the wall that way you're "there" with us, hahahahahaha :rofl: :bigthumb:

Is there a way to host a web cam Session?

I have a laptop, but no webcam... If someone has a webcam I'd be more than happy to set up my laptop in the garage and have a webcam and live chat session.. I actually think that would be pretty cool.

Ooo that would be a mistake. My luck here lately has been nothing but disaster. I would hate to see that come your way. You guys are going to have your hands full anyways. Don't need me adding any disaster while your all wrenching.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

s/t will this be at your house in west mifflin. i would love to see how to do this. i have an 89 jimmy with a 2.8 and 160,000 miles on it i know it will need a motor soon.

Won't be at my house in West Mifflin, it will be at my Mom's house in Dravosburg, which is about a mile and a half from West Mifflin. Her house is the one with the garage in the quiet neighborhood that won't so so quiet when there are 3 or 4 v8 s trucks and a 2 or so s trucks draggin frame.. But thats okay, maybe the guy down the street with the competition orange GTO will make sure they all are used to it.. :D