Thread: motors?

Post motors?

okok before every one of you here gimme crap i have to tell you this, my friend has a motor in a truck and its a v8, he wants to get rid of the truck but said he would gimme the motor, teh reason is the truck was T-boned. but anyway the problem is, its a ford....:nono: but its also free and still running, its a 5.0 so its not bad for being made by ford at least. but i was wondering has anyone ever done it or knows someone who has put one in ablazer or s-10.? is it even possible? its just a free motor that is better then the old 2.8 at least i hope.... but anyone know anything about this?:confused:

Ricer Killer
    OK, let me give you instructions on what to do.

1) Accept the motor from your friend with everything else you can get.

2) Sell it all on ebay.

3)Once you get the money, buy a true GM V8.

4) Slap tha true V8 in your ride, and their ya have it. A true GM sport truck that will destroy rice burners.
    01' Corvette Z06 Millenium Yellow
    Full length headers, Magnaflow exhaust w/ cat delete, breathless performance intake, predator diablo sport tune. It moves decent...

Well, can't help you on dropping a Ford motor into a chevy, but i know that JTR did drop a chevy motor into a ford. They said that pretty much everything will bolt right up as if it were stock. Don't know how much of that to believe, but I'm guessing it can be done.
    ________
    Amateur Tube
    Last edited by I8A4RE; 03-12-2011 at 07:34 AM.

i was checking on s-series.org. they was making 240 horse power out of 2.8. it was stroked to 3.4 tho. i would work with what you got b4 i would ever put a ford part in. i would never put a ford part on my chevy for any reason. ford got bad rear end. it will never be in my blazer. gm all the way

It can be done, but it will be a hassle. You'll have to fabricate some stuff(make it yourself!!!) I'd get it and sell it like previously stated. Thing is, theres a ton of them out there, and it probably wont' be worth too much. But, its free, so it can't hurt. Hell, take it to a yard and see if they will give you credit towards a vortec 350 or a Lt1 or something. That might be worth a shot.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

good idears, good idears, personally i dont like ford anyway btu a free motor is better than no motor i guess, also i live near aredneck town that it basically all trailors and junkyards. but they see me not being older and looking as if i know more than they think i do and they try to rip me off. they wanted to sell me a rusted out pos 350 out of som 80s pickup without anything but the motor its self. (stripped out almost everything. and he said something like 800 ha yea right. i would rather go to discount auto and pay 700 fora brand new one i know isnt blown or anything for that kind of money. jeebus.