Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2dr VS. 4dr

Unhappy 2dr VS. 4dr

What up guys, I'm still curious to whether go 2dr or 4 dr, I'm for sure getting a 97' LS or LT 2wd, but the 4 door and 2 door I really can't make my mind up. I wanted 4dr cause I would look more sleeper, Plan on throwing a 350 in, but 2 dr means less weight... Can you guys help me out?

-Mike

i love my 4 door.
    4 Door Love

pics are here

Originally posted by 3rd Gear
    i love my 4 door.
    '

I second that :)

Ok thanks for the replies, but I need to know what would be better for a show and go blazer... I'm glad you like the 4 dr I do to, but well nvm I'm going with 4dr lol thanks

Yeah, good choise. 4 doors are the best. They do have more of the sleeper apperance, and also..they look better from the back.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    *cough they suck cough* A 2 door that doesnt have a 4 foot blower sticking out the hood looks just as much like a slepper as a 4 door with a v8......they just have two more doors, look bad, and are heavy as fuck.

Originally posted by supernova
    *cough they suck cough* A 2 door that doesnt have a 4 foot blower sticking out the hood looks just as much like a slepper as a 4 door with a v8......they just have two more doors, look bad, and are heavy as fuck.
    spffft...IMO they look better than the 2 doors, everyone has a 2 door, but how many people have a 4 door? And they aren't that much more heavy.

i see about 3 a day

Oh. 95% of the firstgen blazers i see around where I live are rusted out stock 2 doors. I see a few 4 doors, mostly 2nd gen, but there are a few first gen 4 doors around here. Not nearly as many as 2 doors tho.

i see a good bit of each aday, and atleast a bravada every few weeks. Most 4 doors are 93/94's they are alright and would make a cool family/custom truck with like a 3/3 drop but for me and my need for bad ass speed, oh and my hatred of draggin dead beat friends around a 2 door works best for me lol

hehe, yeah. You can make a 4 door just as fast as a 2 door..all it takes is 60HP more and they'll be the exact same speed. Hmm...I think I did that right...isn't it

For every 100 LBS your E/T drops .1 second
    and for every 10HP you gain .1 Second

so since the 4 doors weigh 600 LBS more, they would require 60 HP more inorder to go just as fast as a 2 door...

Damn...that means my TBI (160HP) is about the same speed as a 2 door with a 2.2L or something :(

Wait...i think 600LBS is off...i cant remember. I know me and a friend compared each otheres...but i cant remember how big of a diff it made.
    Last edited by CBZED101; 11-08-2003 at 11:35 PM.

IMO unless you have a jeep wrangler then a 2 dr suv is pointless. I hate to sound like a broken record but a 4 dr would have a real nice sleeper thing going on. And i know that you are looking at engine mods and all that stuff, but if you wanted to you could fit a good sized system in the back of a 4 dr.

Good luck choosing and good luck with all the mods you do to it.

Hey thanks thumpin I guess your kinda new to the forums cause of posts, so welcome... And yeah I want to go "show and go" and I know 4dr has the more weight, but I'll be shaving the door handles, and I also thought it wouldt look tight to have poppers on all 4 doors... And yes I do have to agree wit you on 2 things you said. There will be alot more room in the back to put a phat system is which is a good reason Why I want the bigger sized blaze, and also it will look more sleepy (lol) well thanks for the replies so far... But I'm sure now I'm going with a 4dr

-MIke

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? Audiobahn18s's Avatar
    Just to add....you don't have the "back seat issue" when putting in a step notch with a 4dr like you do with the 2.
    95 2wd 4door Blazer: Bagged
    97 4x4 4dr Blazer: BONE STOCK.....except the alternator

YOUR HONDA HAS 1.6L, MY MOUNTAIN DEW HAS 2....!!!!!!!!

Hrmm...so lets see...

4 Doors:
    -More of a sleeper effect
    -Carry More Stuff
    -More room for Stereo stuff
    -No back seat issue while installing step-notch
    -smoother from the back

2 Doors:
    -Lighter = Faster

4 doors: 5, 2 Doors - 1

4 doors > 2 doors

:D