Thread: Electric fan question, and other

Beer,Its whats for dinner Paraquat's Avatar

Electric fan question, and other

The same pontiac grand prix that gave me my horns and vacuum accumulator has yieled an electric fan.
    It was a 2.5L 4 banger. Its around 1990 ish.
    It has a coil too, I don't know if I should yank that or not?
    Any ideas anyone?
    Oh, and the fan, its ac delco part, so it should fit no?
    and I'll hook up the wires to where now?
    and then, my serpentine belt, do I need a smaller one? because it doesn't have to hit another pulley?
    anything else I should yank out of it worth saving? I already took the radiator, alternator, most of the AC system, and side view mirrors.

--Steve
    I hate my truck.

Owner/Pimp of "Green Ho"

I doubt that the fan from a 2.5...

4 banger would pull enough air for 4.3, if that is what you have. You need the fan off at least another V6. You don't change anything about the serpentine belt when you just remove the clutch fan and add an electric. The belt still has to turn the water pump pulley that the OEM clutch fan was attached to.

Are you saying that you took the radiator, alternator, most of the AC system, and side view mirrors and most of the AC system off the Pontiac or your S-Series? I don't think anything off the Pontiac will fit your S-Series.
    '94 Jimmy, 4.3 CPI, CFM Stage III heads, competition valve job, Ferrea stainless valves, Comp 1.52 rollers, ARP studs, K&N FIPK & CAI, Stage II chip, 160 stat, #60 electric fan, UD crank pulley, Zexel w/3.42, B&M Shift+, Dynomax SS UltraFlo catback, Jacobs ignition w/UltraCoil & 8mm Taylor Spiro-Pro, #1 RapidFires

Beer,Its whats for dinner Paraquat's Avatar
    The fan spins pretty fast...
    :(
    hell no I didnt put them into my truck. I just grabbed them.
    But when I got the radiator home, it was leaking brown liquid out the low end, and oil out the top end. So I'm thinkin head gasket in the car went out, so i chucked the radiator.
    I was just grabbing things to sell later.

--Steve
    I hate my truck.