Thread: Odd Question.

Odd Question.

I was thinking about somehow implementing a manual paddle vavle you might use on a airbag kit on my rear break lines.

I'm sure you guys probably have a pretty good idea why I wanna do this. But I am just trying to come up with some idea to connect/dissconnect my rear breaks easily. Tell me if I am just an outlandish, idiot or will this actually work.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

God
    well i think you want to do this to do a power brake with out the ware on the rear brakes. my idea was to use the abs system pump to lock the fronts and the rears would be free, but i dont have any idea how to wire it, or if its possible.

Re: Odd Question.

Originally posted by 8mpg
    I was thinking about somehow implementing a manual paddle vavle you might use on a airbag kit on my rear break lines.

I'm sure you guys probably have a pretty good idea why I wanna do this. But I am just trying to come up with some idea to connect/dissconnect my rear breaks easily. Tell me if I am just an outlandish, idiot or will this actually work.
    Yeah man. Its called LINE LOCK. Or Roll control. Whoever makes it has their own name for it. Basically its an electric valve that installs in your front brake lines. Like the 1 main one. To my understanding, you push the brakes in, hit the switch, then let off. The vavle keeps pressure on the front brakes, and lets the rears go. Therefore, the fronts are locked up. Kinda like an e brake on the front using brake pressure. Summit sells the kits for like $75 or so. So, brakes, switch, gas, smoke!!! And no worn out rear brakes, or brake lights giving it away that you're brake torqing
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

God
    who makes this kit?
    whats the summit part #?

Re: Re: Odd Question.

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

Yeah man. Its called LINE LOCK. Or Roll control. Whoever makes it has their own name for it. Basically its an electric valve that installs in your front brake lines. Like the 1 main one. To my understanding, you push the brakes in, hit the switch, then let off. The vavle keeps pressure on the front brakes, and lets the rears go. Therefore, the fronts are locked up. Kinda like an e brake on the front using brake pressure. Summit sells the kits for like $75 or so. So, brakes, switch, gas, smoke!!! And no worn out rear brakes, or brake lights giving it away that you're brake torqing
    really buy a fucking line lock "if you have to pb it to smoke em up then you better find another "383/375"hp stroker and have pb "hum i wonder lol"

God
    went to summit, there on in sparks where i live and they have a few line locks. here they are

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=20984

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=10566

Naw I never had a problem roastin my tires, (keep in mind thats how i lost my license) But we have a bunch of local smoke shows. The main idea for it is the fact that I know all the people from a local tire shop. They have pretty good tires that they arnt allowed to keep and they have to ship off to a dump. I just dont wanna be roasting my back breaks as well.

I was just told the prize for winning the smoke shows which they hold almost monthy is two new tires and a PHAT trophy. I doubt they would get me 295/40/18's but some fat 15's would be cool. Considering the fact I get the ones i would be burning for free.

Whats the major difference between the "good" line lock and the other 75 dollar one. Other than quality?

Blue, Need I Say More? bluejimmykidd's Avatar
    why not hook up a manual brake to the front tires... my brother did it on his old mustang.. i think he jsut routed it straight up and locked something...ill ask him im not to clear on how he did it....
    LIVIN THE LOW LIFE

Lightbulb

Originally posted by 8mpg
    Naw I never had a problem roastin my tires, (keep in mind thats how i lost my license) But we have a bunch of local smoke shows. The main idea for it is the fact that I know all the people from a local tire shop. They have pretty good tires that they arnt allowed to keep and they have to ship off to a dump. I just dont wanna be roasting my back breaks as well.

I was just told the prize for winning the smoke shows which they hold almost monthy is two new tires and a PHAT trophy. I doubt they would get me 295/40/18's but some fat 15's would be cool. Considering the fact I get the ones i would be burning for free.

Whats the major difference between the "good" line lock and the other 75 dollar one. Other than quality?
    $75 one is just a locking unit the other ones you can adjust the brake pressure called roll control so you can burn out on the fly "while going forward not high speeds but you see what iam saying "the way i see it brakes are cheap hey do you up while doing your smokeshows manualy starting from low ????

Well I cant drive my truck for another 5 months or so.. No license. But my plan is, usually who ever has the most style in the burnout wins. You have 30 seconds. Prolly get the tires goin as fast as possible for about 15 seconds, soon as that is up, i am gunna slow down get back into second at about 3000 rpm or so and do one huge donut around the smoke in the middle.

Never competeted before, i guess it will be kind of a test and tune.

i think that hurst makes some line locks