Thread: The real muffler thread

The real muffler thread

Ok I know theres like a million threads on this but this one is the one where no one talks about folgers on there blazers! Im having probs with figuring out which muffler to buy now. I was set on the Flowmaster Delta 40 but not anymore. I have to admit its sounds soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad ass but man, flows restrict SO much. I love Hooker mufflers because they are just the best when it comes to performance, but they are pretty quiet compared to the delta 40 sound that I like. I dunno about borla or gibson, they dont do much for me but I havent had anypersonal experience. Im tryin to find some info on the Dynomax Ultraflow SS and the Flowtech Terminator. The Terminator sounds good from its description but I wanna hear everyones opinions on certain mufflers. I want the most unrestricted deep LOUD muffler. And were talkin about 4.3's no 350 swaps cause they just sound huge anywayz. Im gonna run headers straight to muffler no cat. Start talkin boyz.
    It hurts your kidneys to blaze THIS low
    click here to see my baby

You wont notice a difference between any of those mufflers. At least one big enough to make a difference.

I barley noticed a difference from running open headers to going to my flowmaster 50 series 3 cambered.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    warlock..u can un-cap them. Buddy's got them sounds good with capped and well you know what it would sound like un-capped!
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

tone dos (tone tone) Tony Sport's Avatar
    f#ck it, just do straight pipe all the way, no muffler.
    rip SlamminS15

Ive noticed the difference in 3 of my friends car! and I dont wanna do straight pipes fer multitudes of reasons. As for sounds, each of those mufflers sound different.

Originally posted by chlnlow
    and I dont wanna do straight pipes fer multitudes of reasons.
    lets hear um, you might make me change my mind about doing it.
    rip SlamminS15

i was wondering the same thing, because i need a muffler just like your talking about. Thanks for posting this, hope you get a good answer.

well i straight piped mine, and my sounds awesome, and i have had no problems, but please tell me why you wouldn't get them, i would love to know what could possible be bad about them, cuz if it is a problem, i can switch it
    ~DaViD~

hey crazy, do you have the v8 swap? or is it stock?
    rip SlamminS15

They produce a loud undestinctive tone. Itd sound better if you had cams and everything tuned so the whole mixture sounded right, but my engine is prctically stock so I want a not restrictive muffler that will give me a deep loud growl. Also to retain te right back pressure i need small pipes and I wanna have it split off to com out on both sides of the bumper. A dual outlet muffler would be a ton easier. Also I can get pulled over in my neighborhood for straight pipes because it would be loud enough that a cop might just "TRY" to look under. But good luck to him. I just want a controlled sound on my truck that reaps performance benifits but sounds like what Im goin for.