Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaotic Kustomz

"I did the pie cut method and new control arm method. And didnt like either so i came up with something thats easier to do and less xpensive and people still hate"

so what is the other method that everyone hates im just tryin to lay my blaze on the frame with 20's up from and 22"s in the back but the back aint shit HUGH notch and new wheel wells the tires for the 22's are what bad but like i said before whats the new method also how low can you go before they bind?
    Just when you thought i faded away, I came back harder then ever...

Originally posted by K-otic Kustomz
    hey hey hey lookie here, what i found, Hey its Eric at K-otic Kustomz. Ill start with a fews things here on the ball joint subject. for starters when you pie cut or get new ones YES you get more clearence to lay but did you ever think about what happens when you lift it now since you dont have that much space on the ball joint to lift. It binds up when you are lifted. I did the pie cut method and new control arm method. And didnt like either so i came up with something thats easier to do and less xpensive and people still hate. Just cause in not some big company or have a big add in a magazine dont mean s.h.i.t .
    Oh and slow 89 i love that saying man i got bored and did the right hand drive on my truck with a 355 motor swap(well my 4bangger fuel pump went bad but anyway)
    I just think alot of people are scared I came out of no where and im building top notch stuff people never seen b4 on the eastcoast. Its pretty funny i worked down in TX for a yr and no one never said anything about revers links ever MY boss had many trucks fetured and still no one complained. People will get a reverse link if they dont want to do a fuel cell cause i no i will not do any companies pre built link setup. I build all my own tabs and 4 links (1-1/4 inch 1/4 thick) but so sum things up "your doubt fuels me and your hate drives me" <~~~~ Hatebreed
    I was going to post a pic but it dont have the option as it did on the other post i posted
    AMEN

oh and like I said b4 if I was anywhere near you then you would be bodydropping my truck.
    -Bryan

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    I have Eric's business card at home. He's definitely got a thumbs up from me after seeing his work. Maybe he'll finish the rear of my S-10 cheap for advertisement? haha.

I just want to clarify a few things before people try to crucify me as a "Hater"...

Eric is a very good fabricator. From everything I've seen him build I must say he is very talented. He also comes up with some very crazy bridges/bag mounts for the trucks he does. They are very artistic, and a far cry from your average setup...

The only things I have issues with is his use of reverse 4 Links and his idea of drilling out balljoints. I'm going to leave the reverse 4 Link alone, because I'm not trying to start a Holy War here...We've been through it before...

As for the balljoints, they were designed to operate under load as provided by the manufacturer. If you start removing material from them you are also weakening them structurally. Have you ever seen what happens when a balljoint fails? I need more proof than the typical "I haven't had one fail yet" minitrucker response. I talked with one of my balljoint engineers here at work and he cringed when I told him about this idea of Eric's. Automotive parts are designed to handle a load and use the least material possible, which reduces cost. Eric's idea may have worked great 25 years ago when everything was over engineered because we didn't have fancy computers to perform in depth finite element analysis on parts. Today parts are built with cost and weight in mind, and computers are used to calculate the bare minimum material required to meet specifications.

But hey, what does the guy who actually designed the parts know?

hey Lotown, see if that engineer can whip up a special balljoint for farther movement. That would be cool, but I know it's never gonna happen, even without weight/material considerations.

seriously ive never seen a balljoint fail while driving, what all would happen?
    -Bryan

With everyone talking about ball joints IS THERE ANY WAY POSSIBLE YOU CAN LAY OUT ON 20'S UP FRONT AND NOT HAVE THEM BIND WHEN THERE ALL THE WAY DOWN/UP

SOMEONE, ANYONE
    Just when you thought i faded away, I came back harder then ever...

Originally posted by draggin96
    seriously ive never seen a balljoint fail while driving, what all would happen?
    Well considering that there is only 2 holding your spindle to the rest of the truck, it will seriously impare the wheels ability to remain in place. I've seen 2 busted ball joints (actually the result of 2 busted ball joints) One was minor, the wheel assembly just became unattached to the rest of the car, and the car fell directly on to the wheel. It just looked like it was slammed in one corner. The other was a mess. The wheel flew off when he was getting off of an expressway. It was a big ass van of some sorts. He ruined a lot of shit on his suspension. I didn't get to work on this one luckily.

Worst case scenerio: your wheel flies off and kills 32 school children and you crash and die.

More realistic failure: You hear a big crash and your front end is diggin into the pavement.

lol at the worst case scenario, yeah thats what i figured about the front end digging into the ground
    -Bryan

im with workin_on_it, im bagging my truck in january, i got almost everything, and i want to tuck my 20s and lay frame up front, what exactly will make me do that? tubular arms? those ball joints? what? i need to know what to get so i dont have to redo anything on my ride more then once
    -You have 2 ears and one mouth, so u need to listen twice as much as u talk-

www.myspace.com/breakinnecksprez

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/im/vi...x?id=Blazed22s

http://members.cardomain.com/9chevblaze6

4 DOOR LOVE

Lo townPumper DO YOU EVEN NO HOW MUCH I TAKE OUT ....................... UM NO . I USE A 3/8 ROUND SANDER AND TAKE VERY MINIMUM OUT. SO THEN PIE CUTTING AND BENDING A STOCK CONTROL ARM IS ANY SAFER. LETS SAY THE PERSON OR PERSONS WELDING IT BACK UP HAD THE HEAT TO HIGH AND WEAKEND THE METAL. SO NOW YOU HIT THE BRAKES AND THE PIECE THAT WAS CUT AND THE BALL JOINT TEAR OFF. I think you should go talk to your control arm guru, ask him what he thinks about cutting it and re welding it. i know youll say its probly saffer so ill leave this alone for now.
    and back to the original ? you will either need control arms, pie cut the c arm, or balljionts thats all your options. and like i said before i have pics but this post wont let me post em (balljoints)
    Right-Hand drive 98 S-10 with a 355 and everything custom

hey lotown at least you dont have to worry about getting the ball joints or c.arms modified xpecially with that body kit, our shop honda lays uni-body and that dont even have a kit on it
    Right-Hand drive 98 S-10 with a 355 and everything custom

K-otic - you can only post 1 pic per 24 hrs. Thats why you cannot post another picture.

K-otic.. well Eric i should say.. are you the one w/ the s-10 that WAS maroon and now its blue i believe.. ?? because i met you *i think* at atco not too long ago and you took me for a ride in tha truck.. either way..from what ive seen you guys do bad ass work i gotta stop by your shop sometime and check it out

Matt
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

hey K-otic, how much are them balljoints, and how can i contact you?
    -You have 2 ears and one mouth, so u need to listen twice as much as u talk-

www.myspace.com/breakinnecksprez

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/im/vi...x?id=Blazed22s

http://members.cardomain.com/9chevblaze6

4 DOOR LOVE