Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: throttle body restrictor plate

Titties and beer TWIZTID EXTREME's Avatar

throttle body restrictor plate

i was bored today and started messin around wit my X. by the throttle body that lil flap when you add guess, well i was lookin at the restrictor plate and its huge. i was thinking about removing it but want to make sure first. i know a while back n20noma had one for sale but i cant get ahold of him. does anyone knwo what i can do or where can i pick on e up
    2003 white xtreme blazer
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/twiztidxtreme

AIM: twiztidxxxtreme
    AOL: twiztidxxxtreme@aol.com

Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon alittle more juice, but keep that on the downlow it is not exactly legal

LOL!!! what movie people!
    www.DFWminis.com

old school.

TWIZTED - check out www.cfm-tech.com they make a replacement butterfly for about $40 that doesn't have the restrictor. it is well worth it.

el guapo d o you have that?
    2003 white xtreme blazer

el guapo d o you have that?
    2003 white xtreme blazer

yuppers - one of the only mods i've done that i've actually felt the difference...

ya i just ordered it, hey was it easy to swap out?
    2003 white xtreme blazer

Correction: Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon alittle more juice, but keep that on the downlow it is not exactly *street *legal

I think thats it, lol but its hilarious anyhow

Originally posted by BlazinDubz
    Correction: Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon alittle more juice, but keep that on the downlow it is not exactly *street *legal

I think thats it, lol but its hilarious anyhow
    lol your good...great movie
    www.DFWminis.com

Newb ?
    what does the restrictor plate restrict?
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

The stock throttle blade is on the left. Notice how much area the restrictor takes up at full throttle! At less throttle angles this restrictor closes off even more air and, yet worse, at low throttle it totally closes off one side of the throttle body opening.

Our High Flow Throttle Blade for the '96+ Vortec 4.3 / 5.0 /5.7L engines is shown on the right.

What a difference! Much more air off idle and way more air at WOT!!!

Your stock engine will like the extra power. Your modified naturally aspirated, nitroused , and/or supercharged 4.3, 5.0, or 5.7 96+ Vortec engine will love it! Forget you even heard about throttle body spacers for these engines, this is the real deal! Airflow, Airflow, Airflow!

This low cost modification can easily be performed by anyone in as little as 10-15 minutes. These are not modified factory throttle blades! They are all new! No cutting, no welding or soldering, and no re-drilling involved!

Our replacement High Flow GM Throttle Blades for the '96+ Vortec 4.3 / 5.0/ 5.7L engines have been a smashing success. It is unbelievable how word spreads so quickly when a low cost product works so well!. We'd like to thank all the forums - especially s-series.org , s-seriesforum.com , s10planet.com , mys10.com , and fullsizechevy.com for your gracious comments and performance reports pertaining to our GM Vortec High Flow Throttle Blades.
    Take one more look - Notice in the picture above that the stock throttle blade has a large airflow restricting piece that is riveted to it. This "restrictor" was designed to close off one side of the throttle bore during low throttle input. This way, when low throttle input was used, low power output is produced. Past approx 1/4 throttle angle the deflector side of the throttle body will start allowing air thru. As the throttle is applied farther past this point- ie: the driver is wanting more engine power - more air is able to get in. This arrangement works well for an average driver, but not for the....

Performance enthusiast who says I want power now and I want power at all speeds!!!

Just so you know,

We have tested our new replacement High Flow 4.3/5.0/5.7L Throttle Blades for over 70,000 miles with no adverse effects. Emissions does not change, check engine lights do not mysteriously illuminate, and mpg does not suffer. 100's X 100's of customers from all around the USA have been using these since February of 2002 and have reported only very positive results!
    Many customers report gains of .1 - .2 seconds in the quarter mile. We've had quite a few customers report better gains than this but since their results are not typical we will not print them.

true that i installed it yesterday and i can actually spin tires from dead stop lol sounds sad but mine wouldnt .... def worth the $45 .... did take me bout 10 mins
    2003 white xtreme blazer

Is there anywhere I can get one of those for my 92' CPI
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Does it come with instructions?

Yea anyone had this in for a while??? What all do you have to take apart to install it?? I might be ordering one of these.
    2001 Blazer - 2dr 2wd, V6 auto, HPPIII, 5/5 drop with 18's and 20's *SOLD* 98 S-10 StreetSource Profile
    NEW StreetSource Profile
    Click Me - My Gallery!