Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: throttle body restrictor plate

Also how hard is it to install a Casper's TPS TEC Throttle Enhancer? I'm thinking of getting that and the Throttle blade.

guys, the tb blade is 2 torx screws - piece of cake, as long as you are careful not to drop the screws into the intake...

the TPS enhancer all you have to do is unplug your TPS sending wire, plug it into the tps enhancer, and plug the enhancer into the throttle body.

jstblz - unfortunately, most of cfm-tech's products are for TBI engines, especially the 96+ vortecs. not much you can do on the CPI engine.:(

Titties and beer TWIZTID EXTREME's Avatar
    just when i was sayin it s the best thing i ever did to my ride ... just turned around.. im sittin on a red light and the RPM's was jumpin from 700-1000 as if i was tapping on the gas pedal. it kept doin it so i parked and still was doing the same. ppull up in my driveway i reved up the truck and then "service engine soon" light came on, what could it be:confused: :(
    2003 white xtreme blazer
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/twiztidxtreme

AIM: twiztidxxxtreme
    AOL: twiztidxxxtreme@aol.com

el guapo i know u got a lot of shit done does your service engine light come one at all? do u think if i get a power programmer( i peeked one of my xmas gifts:spin: ) would that prevent the light from comin on and everything running back to normal?
    2003 white xtreme blazer

TWIZTED - i had the same problem. i called cfm-tech's customer support, and this is what they told me - make sure you set the throttle stop screw. If not, turn this in (same torx size as the blade hold down screws - T15 and located on pass side of throttle body) so the throttle lever just moves. If the blade was installed correctly this will usually eliminate this problem. if you still have a problem, call cfm-tech at (617)312-6971 - they're pretty cool guys, and will help you out.

the hypertech PP3 unfortunately will not prevent the SES light from coming on. it will fix your speedo tho - i'm sure it's off since you got the 20's.

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    Scott as cfm-tech really knows his shit. I talked to him several times on my TBI swap into the Blazer.

I was thinking about ordering one of those (TB plates) myself for the '99 Tahoe. I am glad to get some positive feedback on it. I will definitely get one now.

Mines ordered and on the way. Hope i don't run into any SES light problems but i'm hoping for a noticeable gain

i fixed the problem of my accelerator being stuck but the SES light is still there. i have the codes that my power progrmmer picked up but dont know what they stand for
    2003 white xtreme blazer

Just put my plate in the other day... got that dreaded check engine light. Did everything according to the not so well written directions.

This section confuses me in the directions. "Important - Keeping the attachment holes to each side and the inscribed "T" (near idle air bleed hole) facing up (Towards hood) and on the front side (towards radiator of the t-blade, slide in the High Flow Throttle Blade."

So when installing it. Is the T facing out or into the TB (when closed)? And does the little hole go towards the back like on the stock TB plate still? I had ended up putting it so the T was facing in and the hole is in the back.

I put mine on and it binded a little. So I loosened it, re-aligned as best as the holes would let me. Then retightened. But no matter what postion I tried it still binded up a little at the closed postion. So I adjusted the idle screw on the side so it wouldn't stick. Open and close works fine now.

But... the damn thing idles at 1000-1500 now and the CEL is on. If I adjust the idle screw back more it binds up a little.

damn, that worries me about getting mine.

I took my code reader out. I got a 0571 code, I think that was it ... it said higher than expected idle code.

So tomorrow I am going to take off the blade and open up the center holes a little more so I can adjust it a little better then try to get it to sit in there right without binding and without having the idle screw adjusted that far out.

ya i had the same problem with it idling at 1000 it was goin up and down 700-1200 only when i had the heat on. since i adjusted it its been better but sometimes it still gets stuck like as if i was driving on cruise control. i was thinkinb about using my uni bit and makin the holes a lil bigger but dont want to mess it up.
    2003 white xtreme blazer

I just got my plate in today and i'm worried about putting it in if everyone's got all these problems with it...

Is it worth it to install?

:rolleyes: up to you maybe youll have better luck... worst case if your SES light comes on and you dont feel like puttin back to stock... just remove negative from battery and swtich back to stock plate
    2003 white xtreme blazer