Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: homemade suicide doors?

homemade suicide doors?

Anyone ever make there own kit? Like 2 or 3 heavy duty hinges in the back and some sort of custome clasp up front? Its just an idea, and I was wondering if ot has been or could be done. Thanks.

Its most likley to buy the kit from jason at www.suicidedoors.com ist only 300 i believe, and its the best way to do it.
    86 S10Blazer, Project truck
    Bagged, Bodydropped 4 3/4", Shaved Clean

Sure it can be done. When people started doing it there wernt any kits. The kit would be MUCH easier though.
    WHITE 13 TRASH
    ------------------------
    PRAISE THE LOWERD
    ------------------------
    FUCK YOU AND EVERYBODY THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU.
    --------------------------
    RAISE HELL,LOWER EVERYTHING ELSE
    ---------------------------------
    LET IT SCRAPE MOTHERFUCKER

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    Just buy the kit, it will be much easier.
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

Anyone ever heard the term "custom"?

Just a thought!

I cant afford the kit, and even if I could I still think the price is ridicolous. A couple hinges and latches, the hardware they are selling cant be worth more than 100$ tops.

I agree with boosted, the kits are seriously very redicuous, but unfortunatly I don't know of anyone who has done there own, but it will be a pain getting right parts and measurements. Welcome to the forums by the way. But I dunno what to say, maybe you can take the hinges and all that off cars from the junkyard, and go from there, who knows. My buddy made a custom suicide hood off of some hood hinges from older cars he got from the junkyard for a couple bucks, and his hood is sick looking! Good luck, very good idea though! Sorry I couldn't be much help

-Mike

aight guys here it is........I made my suicide doors for 12 dollars all it takes is 4 hinges from a certain ride.....flip them backwards and do a lil fabrication and you got suicide doors for so much less then that damn 300.......bu unfortunately my buddy thought this up(its pretty genious) and he told me not to tell anyone he is going to sell the hinges and instructions on how to do this....so ill just show you a pic...then someone out there might know what they are off of.....
    East Coast Droppers

Wash, PA

www.cardomain.com/id/reefer92

Junior Drag Racer
    reefer,

Thats pretty low. Going on about how great these hinges are and how they are only 12 dollars and then saying i can't tell you what they're off of cause you guys won't buy my buddies kit then. I really doubt your buddy will sell his kit for 12 dollars and this website is all about helping people out, not just talking about things then making em buy a kit.

certified door dragger FastBagBlaza's Avatar
    hmmmm...i think i'll use the kit...because if the alternative to using the kit is what the picture u posted is...ill stay with the kit and have it look AT LEAST halfway decent
    Tukin Nuts on Twanky Twos

well its not my fualt i cant tell u.....my friend didnt want me to even post it......but the hinges are off of a JEEP......and hed be pissed if he saw it in here....not because he is sellin it but he spoke to the guy from suicide doors and he told him not to tell anyone........aight....so im not being a dick im tryin to be honest....and for ur info FastBagBlaza u can kiss my ass cuz its definetly not done yet if u had any idea what u r talkin bout....everything on the door is covered by the door panel....so ur not gonna see it....and the for door jam lookin the way it does..for one its not done yet either...its call metal fab and some body work....and second well u gotta cut the door jams with the kit to buddy.....so not much u can do different so go spend 300 if u want....or 12 if u got any clue on how to pinch some pennies and do a little CUSTOMIZING......
    East Coast Droppers

Wash, PA

i didnt mean to come off as an ass...in my first post when i said "and he told me not to tell anyone he is going to sell the hinges and instructions on how to do this.....i mean he told me not to tell anyone so they dont go selling the hinges and how to do it....i was typing fast and lost track....(cuz he got the idea from suicide doors)......and i said he thought it up...well he was told by them that basically the jeep hinges were the same...but shaped different but mechanically moved the same way and that some way they should be able to work just not sure how...so my buddy figured out u have to flip them backwards and off the opposite door of the jeep...im in this just like most of you if u can do it for cheaper and still be as good quality just a little fab work then thats great....im not tryin to be an ass.....go to a junkyard and find an old jeep.....4 hinges 12 bucks...and i hope things are clearer now
    Last edited by reefer; 12-17-2003 at 01:18 AM.
    East Coast Droppers

Wash, PA

Did you just take those hinges, put em on, that bolt em onto that metal sheet thing it looks, then you welded that brown sheet thing on the door? Thats what it looks like am I right or wrong?

jacksonville,Palm Coast, Daytona,Orlando, florida
    does your door do a full 90? my buddy jut got his 2nd gen s10 done an the door dont 90
    aim*DRAGGINHARDCORE

bagged an dragged

some clips of me draggin
    http://www.hornblasters.com/vide.php?pic=19
    HARDCOREMINIS.net
    pics of my blazer an other stuff
    community.webshots.com/user/thumperc25
    http://www.cardomain.com/profile/thumperc25
    4 door love

No the only difference between these hinges and the ones on suicide doors is they go full 90 degrees....mine opens about 65 to70......and to answer blazindubz yeah thats what i did...i welded that piece to the door because without it it flexes to much i want my doors to be solid so when some jackass hangs on it it does break off....
    East Coast Droppers

Wash, PA