Thread: Restricted Air flow

Hating the stupid

Exclamation Restricted Air flow

I hope everyone already knows about this, but hey I still feel I should say something!

On Vortech blazers I Don't know about all blazers here, but air inlets are located behind the grille and on mine there was a plastic shield that restrics the air flow into the engine compartment. Well I removed it and air flows a little better. This saturday when I have some time to actually tear apart the engine compartment somemore I'm going to see if I Can make the opening wider without too much cutting, I'll try and post pictures for every, but this could increase airflow and possibly get everyone a few extra horse... good luck.
    2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |
    2003 | S10 ZR2 - M5 |
    1994 S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - 1994 |S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - |

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

but 94's are really a bastard year.

yeah my 2,8 has something similiar
    it had a a big hose running off the air cleaner assembly
    to the rad support with a hole in the rad support to allow air to flow in. i just removed the entire thing but now when i think about it it was probobly better with it because the asir outside the vehicle would be cooler than that in the engine compartment

Hating the stupid
    yea, you were probably better off with it, me I had a plastic shield covering almost half of the intake hole. So I just ripped that plastic shield off.
    2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |
    2003 | S10 ZR2 - M5 |
    1994 S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - 1994 |S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - |

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

but 94's are really a bastard year.