Thread: what kind of rad?

what kind of rad?

what kind or radiator are u guys using got to get one that cools more i want to know what you guys would recomend
    thanks
    88 blazer 3 inch drop and a 350 with a 350 turbo trans

I have a built 383 and it runs at 160 deg. all the time with a 93 4.3 litre s-10 aluminum rad. I have a mechanical fan and twin electric fans without electric fans it runs at 180 deg. These rads are cheap and easy to come by.

Good Luck

Snappy
    Be cool in all my trucks.. It mounts in in minutes and works perfect no engine drivin fans and I keep is 180... In traffic all day long...

Re: what kind of rad?

Originally posted by cop_car_racer
    what kind or radiator are u guys using got to get one that cools more i want to know what you guys would recomend
    thanks
    If you need to buy a new one the best all around radiator is probably the late 80's aluminium Corvette (it's a bolt-in). Reasonably priced around $150 at Autozone.
    Originally posted by Blazin Low:
    In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Tony Low
    :D

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    The stock 4.3 radiator is constructed the exact same way as the corvett radiator, only it's bigger. They are both single core (same thickness) aluminum radiators with platic tanks. The S10 radiator will therefor offer better cooling, contrary to popular belief. However, it is more difficult to recess into the support if you are going to be mounting it in the forward position.

To answer you question, I am running the 4.3 radiator with the flexalite 210 fans (perfect fit BTW) and a 160 stat, and do not have any cooling issues other than it taking a while to come up to operating temp.

certified JESUS FREAK
    i use rodney red custom made radiators from evansville, indiana and he send you a sheet to get measurments so you can make them fit your ride and they are aluminum so they cool the best. they cost as much as buying a new radiator from any parts store or at least they did when i bought from him

I have a 355ci. with a 1995 S-10 Aluminum radiator for the 4.3 Stays right at 170 - 190 all the time. and 160 at idle. I use a Manual 4 blade fan.

Raditors

The 4.3 radiator for the S10 is 15/16" to 1" thick depending where you buy it & the 89 Corvette radiator is a couple inches narrower but it is 1 1/4" thick so it cools a little better.
    85 - 350, 700R, 9" - SOLD!
    01 - Extreme PU, 4.3, auto -SOLD!
    98 - LT4, T56, Disc brk 8.5 - For Sale
    02 - Extreme Blazer Daily Driver - Sold
    02- Custom Chev Silverado - Sold
    08- Corvette conv.

Quote Originally Posted by Blublazin View Post
    The 4.3 radiator for the S10 is 15/16" to 1" thick depending where you buy it & the 89 Corvette radiator is a couple inches narrower but it is 1 1/4" thick so it cools a little better.
    way to bring up a dead thread and put in bad information.

my 4.3L radiator is 1 3/8" thick and has 16 fins per inch.
    Last edited by 6SpeedBlazer; 03-08-2011 at 03:02 PM.

4.3 Rad, 197 t-stat, 210 fans= 205 temp with the a/c in FL summers
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

the original lsteggy tunerman20's Avatar
    I'm runnin the stock 97 4.3 fan in my blazer and it stays about 170-175 and I have twin electric fans, the only time I had an issue was when I was commin home from st. ignace and the fan relay took a shit on me and I was runnin around 235 and I found the local autozone and bout a new relay and sat in the parking lot til it was back down around 180ish
    :blazer:97 blazer, 82 305, edelbrock top end, stock bottom end, currently under construction:blazer: