Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Suspension

Rear Suspension

A buddy and me are building and g body car and he has put and air bag on just the right rear of the car to help get traction off the launch. i have seen this only a few times and never looked in to it, but i was wondering if this is really effective could it work on a blazer and is there possibly and cheaper way than an air bag.

its for preload.. as for cheaper.. im not positive what they cost but i know a few VERY fast s-10/blazers running *slide a links* with very good results.. you should look into them they mount to the leaf springs and the axle perch somewhat like tradional slapper bars but there completely different..
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

I installed a set of Slide-a-links over xmas break and i can say that all wheel hop was virtually eliminated. I was running Belltech 3in. lowering leafs and they were extremely soft and I had terrible wheel hop an would hit bumpstops constantly. The Slide-a-links can be set for the street or preloaded for the track very easily. They do cost a little more than the traditional slapper bars but in my opinion ar worth it

i have seen those slide a link bars. haven't seen anyone around me running those. they seem really expensive 300 dollars is alot but i guess its worth it.

You have any more info on those slide a links? I run 3 inch blocks in the rear and was looking into something like that.
    85 sbc blazer

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...25&prmenbr=361

well worth the money..... and for those people with an 81 s-series they will fit yours too LMFAO
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

I made a set like them (without the rubber biscuit) for my ice car. And let me tell u they work awesome. I made them for less than $100. I am going to make a set for my blazer when i get working on it again.

if you make a set for your blazer i suggest using a piece of polyurethane *or something similar* that is a crutial part
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Do they cause clearance problems? loos like they would. My truck is low so I am a lil woried bout that. using big blocks would those still work?
    Don't laugh, your daughter likes it!

So wait...one kit has two of those or do you only need one?
    85 sbc blazer

... uhm you need both.. one for each leaf spring..
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Just out of curiosity; does the shock bolt to that thing? I know that picture may not be the S-series version but it looks like it replaces the plate on the bottom of the leaf spring pack and uses those U bolts instead.

Yeah, it replaces the bottom plate on the springs and the shocks bolt on to it. I've got a set on my blazer.

http://www.calvertracing.com/

alot of people are running these on syclone's and typhonn's. they said they love them. best bang for the buck. once i save up im going to get a set. then im changing to coil overs up front
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

those r the excact same things i made. except with a few extra holes in the bracket for alittle more adjustablity. i put an extra set of holes in the spring brackets 1" lower cause i figured it would give me more leverage. and i dont think i need thr rubber in them cause you can set the pre-load on them.