Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear Suspension

Originally posted by BigMan933
    those r the excact same things i made. except with a few extra holes in the bracket for alittle more adjustablity. i put an extra set of holes in the spring brackets 1" lower cause i figured it would give me more leverage. and i dont think i need thr rubber in them cause you can set the pre-load on them.
    the rubber is what holds the preload and lets it give a little so its not a violent jolt on your suspension when you launch
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

im good friends with SBCpwrd and his sit about 2-3 inchs from the ground and the only problem that he has had so far that i know about is his scrapped on a big speed bump but he also had two fairly large guys in the back at that time, so that didnt help.
    Delta Chi at Kansas State University
    1989 Honda NX250
    Bone Stock
    1987 Honda TRX250R
    Just rebuilt, DuraBlue rear axle, FMF FattyPipe and Q-Series silencer, K&N, TheEdge rear sand paddles, DuneRunner Front tires,
    85 4x4
    3in blocks
    notched crossmember and factory keys
    alpine cda7897
    phoenix gold three way cross over
    custom console fiberglass and rhino lining housing dvd player, alpine
    5in lcd molded into dash in factory radio location
    morel 8in mid woofer morel 4 inch dome mid and morel cr101se tweet run off of us amps 100 and 150 in three way off of phoenix gold
    box build to look like a spare tire tuned at 28 hz with elemental designs sp15 powered by a us 300 with raised floor 6inchs

yeah ive only scraped them once. the front mount is the lowest point it is roughly 4 inches off the ground. that's with belltech 3in lowering leafs. And i do not see how you could ride with a set w/o the rubber or some sort of absorbant. I slide them together before i put them on, both with the polyurethane bushing and with out and you can really tell is absorbs a lot of the shock and especial if you are using them on the street with out all the preload. I had to make my own shock mounts. i went through the books are the parts store for a stiffer shock for my drop and competition engineering said to push the bushing out of the shock and use a general spring mount that they supplied but as i looked the mount was loose with the bushing in and would be looser if i pressed it out, so we got a bolt, taped the shock mount hole, ran a nut down and locked a bolt on there and theres been no problems since. i would recommend them to anyone.