Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: power of 4.3 4X4 blazer

power of 4.3 4X4 blazer

Can anyone just mat their 4X4 blazer with 4.3 and role the smoke of both tires. Mine will just barely even powerbrake. It wont even turn them over hard enough to smoke them or leave a mark. They just leave 2 little piles of rubber powder. And if i just mat it it boggs till about 10 MPH and tthen takes off. I was just wondering if anyone elses was like this. It has 204,000 on factory motor never been touched so thats proly why it doesnt have any power.
    89 4X4 Blazer 4.3

i cant smoke them off the start going straight, taking a right turn from lets say a side road. if i lay in to it one tire spins for some time. ill sit there and smoke the tire off the rims in a power brake. i owuld maybe try checking the timing on it. when is the last time you did a full tune up on it?
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

i can smoke my tires with my 4.3:D but mine is 5spd, and is 4x4:bigthumb:
    95;Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    94; S-10

Still blazin'

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    burnout no, brake stand yes :D

Mine had always been taken somewhere to be tuned upbefore i got it, well i had the same problem you did, but mine was a DIRTY fuel filter, so i would check! very noticable difference :) but tune up would be a good idea also:bigthumb:
    95;Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    94; S-10

Still blazin'

Western Washington The Truth: Being a jerk, so you realize how dumb you really are!
    Ok think about it this way....How many factory v-6 SUVS can smoke there tires without power breaking??? NONE...You cannot expect enough power out of a v-6 to smoke tires unless its highly modified...I can squeel mine if I mash on it, but a smoke show, no...If you want a smoke show, stuff in a v8 or power break...As for both rear wheels spinning, good luck...My drivers side rear has never broken loose, just the passenger side...
    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    Just stay the hell away from Thadlinkwent, he's a troublemaker.
    No 4 door love here

Originally posted by thadlinkwent
    Ok think about it this way....How many factory v-6 SUVS can smoke there tires without power breaking??? NONE...You cannot expect enough power out of a v-6 to smoke tires unless its highly modified...I can squeel mine if I mash on it, but a smoke show, no...If you want a smoke show, stuff in a v8 or power break...As for both rear wheels spinning, good luck...My drivers side rear has never broken loose, just the passenger side...
    To start with mine spins the right then the left kicks in about a second or two later and turns both of them. Could be why it wont smoke them. Cause of the extra traction
    89 4X4 Blazer 4.3

Western Washington The Truth: Being a jerk, so you realize how dumb you really are!
    Originally posted by drew7938
    To start with mine spins the right then the left kicks in about a second or two later and turns both of them. Could be why it wont smoke them. Cause of the extra traction
    When I first got my blazer I powerbreaked for almost 3 full minutes (cuz I had new tires that I had to break in) and my drivers side tire never smoked at all....Maybe my rear ends fucked up, but the other blazers I have seen burn out have never moved more than 1 tire (with a factory rear end)...
    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    Just stay the hell away from Thadlinkwent, he's a troublemaker.
    No 4 door love here

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    all i do is tap the gas and i peel out(dry roads).. give it a little brake pressure and the thing will smoke the tires with no prob. my 4.3 has alot of power.. fresh rebuild is probly why... full pressure on the brakes and it stand it up nicely!!!!
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Originally posted by thadlinkwent
    When I first got my blazer I powerbreaked for almost 3 full minutes (cuz I had new tires that I had to break in) and my drivers side tire never smoked at all....Maybe my rear ends fucked up, but the other blazers I have seen burn out have never moved more than 1 tire (with a factory rear end)...
    I swear to god mine spins both cause on the way home feom work i did a brake stand and i finally got it to really smoke the hell otta them this time. Acted like it didnt want to turn them to start with then after it got em good and hot she was turning 4500 rpm 1st gear (smoke everywhere) and i swear if you dont believe me i got 2 smut black marks to prove it if ya stupid enough to come and see.
    89 4X4 Blazer 4.3

Layed Back CC'er

Cool

Off the line no, but 3 cars all ways doing a brack stand. Ill see if i can find some of the pics that i have.

josh
    95' Jimmy, Show Truck (Teal)
    96' Jimmy, 2nd Show Truck (Black)
    Check Them Out Here http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/522408

My 4.3 only has 61K on it and I can only smoke the TIRE if Im going around a right hand turn and gun it, Or if I power brake..I can spin the tire if the conditions are right on a dry road going straight, but it doesn't happen very offten.

My locker is killer. I can powerbrake it and spin em both.
    BUt off the line ive NEVEr really spin. Except at the track last week cuz it had HORRIBle traction. at another better track i hook up every time with no spin unless ive got the brakes on.
    95 CPI Blazer, 2/3 Drop, 3.42 gears with LOCKRite Locker, no cat,Flowmaster turndown, 275/60 meats in rear,K&n PVC intake,B&M shift kit and transmission cooler, Lakewood Traction bars,Edelbrock headers, MSD ignition/wires/coil, Efan, 16.0@83mph/ 2.21 60'
    Awaiting install-Vette Servo, 75 shot NX kit, Pulleys, ADS chip,Roll Pan
    Rip 90s10 lifted2wd - Mods found at
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/acidbath666

i cant spin em just by mashin on the gas going straight in drive, but if i slap stick it they will squeal but wont leave anything....if i power brake it the right side will spin for some time and same results in 4 wheel.......

CLonInG IN ProgReSS (ha) JuStBlAzIN's Avatar
    after installing my boys typhoon(stock of his truck) 700r4 in my truck. i can do mad power breake stands. and my rear tires will spin on first-secound gear change.
    "Fords are like tampons, every pussy has one!"

RIP..... 89 s10blazer