Thread: lowering 4x4

Question lowering 4x4

i have a95 blazer 4x4 with belltech springs and 3 icnh blocks the ride sucks can i c- notch to get more travel im not ready to bag it i like the height now thanks

Evil Innovations
    dude theres no sucjh thing as a s10 with springs do u mean the belltech keys and 3 inch blocks?
    4x4 thats lowered
    and needs to be lower

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    With only 3 inches you shouldn't need more travel unless you left all your bumpstops in.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    If you have blocks in the back then you probally have factory shocks. With Belltech keys up front, you definetely need lowered shocks. I personnally think blocks in the back makes a shitty ride, especially on a '95 if it has a rear sway bar. I'ts just too damn stiff. I'd remove the blocks, move the shackle back for the drop, and lose the bump stomps front and rear. Replace them with a thin piece of polyurethane. A round bushing like an "O" with a hole drilled right through it (sideways) and bolted into the factory location would make a nice lowered bump stop and be a lot softer if you bottom out. I'd put lines, a tank, a compressor, and Monroe Air Shocks on all 4 corners for a nice smooth ride.

i have three inch blocks and the belltech leaf springs it came as kit im only talking adout the back end the bump stops are still in because when i had them out the truck bottomed hard with a scary sound i have the belltech shocks on i want to know if a c-notch would give me more travel or shou ld bag it

Evil Innovations
    Well i believe u have to c-notch to bag ne ways so u dont have ne thing to lose so if i were u just notch it and c how it goes and if u still think its bumpy or makes that noise bag cause ull be one step closer by notching the frame:smoker:
    4x4 thats lowered
    and needs to be lower

Re: reply

Originally posted by rodney morweise
    i have three inch blocks and the belltech leaf springs. It came as kit. Im only talking about the back end...
    Then you have a 6 inch drop in the back? Yes you need to notch it like 3 inches! You will need to build a bridge through the floor and weld plate back in around a monster step notch if you don't wanna bottom out again. How does the front sit compared to the back? Cuz Belltech keys up front don't go that low. Does it have a rear rake? With that much drop you should do a key flip using factory keys and sell those Belltech ones to help pay for the notch work.

HainesBlazer

Question

Is their any proublems that i should be awre of befor ei drop a 92 blazer 4x4. Like tire size, different shocks. I am going to lower it with the belltech 3" drop kit for 4x4 is their any proublems i should be aware of. Thanks Email me if you would please Blazerkid4@yahoo.com
    :confused:

same question

hey hanes, or anyone who answered his question. could you answer that same question for me too? either put it on here or send it to me at gseminuk@hotmail.com. thanks

The Belltech kit is a 3-4 inch drop on the front with torsion bar adjuster keys and 3 inch leaf springs for the rear. They wont sell you just the keys or else I'd suggest not getting there leaves because they are so expensive and to ship... You will need 4 new shocks all the way around and an allignment. Most people will get an additional 2 inch block for the rear so it sits even and crank down the front all the way. For tires, a 245/50ZR16 is what came factory on the Typhoon, so stay within that tire hieght. A 225/60R16 is equivilant, so a 225/50ZR17 or a 225/40ZR18 should also fit without rubbing on the proper offset rim. You will need spacer for the rear if you want an even wheel base, as the front stick out like 2 inches farther. I'd also electronically recalibrate the tranny shifting points for better performance and MPG on the smaller diameter wheels. Well, if I left antything out it's cuz I don't know any more. Peace...