Thread: shocks or not

shocks or not

i wanna know if i should remvoe my shocks cause i have very little turning and wear my tires away..is the ride shitty without it or is it o.k.

Re: shocks or not

Originally posted by 1loblzr
    i wanna know if i should remvoe my shocks cause i have very little turning and wear my tires away..is the ride shitty without it or is it o.k.
    it's a definate shitter ride.. it's all bouncy and shit. keep em and try to put them in a dif position so they dont rub at mad, where are they at now?
    03 s10 (stock) / 90 blazer (layin body)

it mounted oh the aft side of the control arms any ideas of a good place to mount them?

I saw an article in Minitruckin a few years back where they mounted the shock on the Sway bar. You can turn from lock to lock. The only bad part is that you have to notch the frame to clear the shock. It will take some time and money, but it will ride nice.

I have also been in a bagged truck with & without front shocks. the ride was pretty much the same.
    www.nekustoms.com
    Canadian Distributor For
    ~Suicide Doors~Air-Zenith~CanDo Specialties~

info@nekustoms.com
    (403) 813-7825

but can i ride low without the shocks and not have a soo called shitty ride that i keep hearing about.....do oyu know of anyone in cali who does good shock relocating so that i can have more turning radius and not wear away on my tires or rims.....

Slow Ride
    shock absorbers help keep the tires in contact with the road. If you prefer to drive around and not have your front(steering) tires touching the road most of the time just tell me where you will be driving so I can avoid the crash ahead of time.

Re: shocks or not

Originally posted by 1loblzr
    :nono:

if u want to ride lower and going to do it ghetto just cut your springs or heat them up ....
    www.DFWminis.com

Umm.. wouldnt wanna heat them... erm.. SNAP!!! lol, If you're gonna go the ghetto route then just cut them. If you know a good fabricator then hit them up for ideas. Try your local hot rod shops man.. you'll find that the old timers in there can give you good tips and tell you what is realistic and what isnt. Since they are rodders, most of their work is customizin chassis's and what not. Doesnt hurt to ask their opinion. Do you have nitro shocks in there right now?
    Who says chicks cant build their own lowride ;)

I seen a million Heated coils in my day and I have never seen or heard of one snapping?? I am not saying that it cant...but has anyone seen a snapped coil??
    www.DFWminis.com

Originally posted by BlazingDood13
    I seen a million Heated coils in my day and I have never seen or heard of one snapping?? I am not saying that it cant...but has anyone seen a snapped coil??
    Yes they can break...I've seen them, but I don't have any pics... When you heat the spring steel it makes the steel brittle, which is the exact opposite of what you want in a spring... The spring tries to flex, but breaks instead...