Thread: Air Bags

87blazer

Air Bags

need some help on deciding which bags i should get. there is so many out there. airlift company looks preaty good. they have a complete set for 82-01 s-10s. it runs around 1500.00. that sounds kind of expensive. also has anybody heard about the airbag shocks. there replacement shocks that have airbags in them. you do know drilling or anything. just mount them inplace of your old shocks. you still need a compressor and a tank. it only needs to be like 2 gallon or something. i wonder how good they work. i think you can get them aim industries.

Go with Firestone bags. 2600lb 25c if you can fit them. Your talking about 'hot air', 'air jackers' , 'air wave'. I most cases they bolt right up, or you have to do some shaving and cutting to keep the m from rubbing. They run about $1000 for 4. You can save a whole lot of mony just by buying bag brackets, mounting the bags, and relocating/tossing the shocks. That would be more like $400, if you did the laybor. If you're just looking for occational adjustability then go with 1/4" line and a small tank/comp. If you want to 'hit switches' at stop lights, go with 3/8" or 1/2" line with as much tank space as you can fit (at least 9 gal.)
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    what kind of set up can I use for this. I want front and back but I don't really want to go all out and lay frame any more. i would like to adjust between Stock to a 5/5 drop. so when that mustang pulls up beside me I can lower the front a lil closer to the ground b4 I take off.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

A simple small tank, 1/4" line, small compressor setup and maybe air-over-leaf in the back. Wont be very expensive at all.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!