Thread: frame swap

frame swap

Slim, you ever heard of or seen anybody do a frame swap. i have to much invested and would rather swap my 4x for a 2x. either way i will probably attemp it
    **new stereo finally under construction**

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    I would think it would be a lot easier to build a sweet 2WD rolling chassie and motor and everything while you have your 4X4 running as a parts getter. Then all you do is lift off the body, roll the frame out from under her, tub it for your monster step notch, replace those awfull rubber mounts with some flat poly ones so the body sits right on the frame, and roll your sweet ass LT1 packin' 10 inch dropped on 20's frame right under that body! If you can't find a straight 2WD Blazer frame, use an S-10's. If your gonna C-notch anyway you can always shorten it. For a roll pan to fit right you have to cut off some frame on the Blazer anyways.

Thats my plan exactly. Build it up before then just lay the body on the already bagged frame. Except i was thinkin about either thrown in a 3.8 typhoon turbo engine with nos. upgrade to a bigger turbo of course
    **new stereo finally under construction**

NNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSS bwahahaha. anyway i don't think the s-10 and blazer frame are the same.
    :blazer:

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    Originally posted by nastysride
    Thats my plan exactly. Build it up before then just lay the body on the already bagged frame. Except i was thinkin about either thrown in a 3.8 typhoon turbo engine with nos. upgrade to a bigger turbo of course
    Typhoons came with a 4.3. Grand Nationals a 3.8. but on www.SyTy.net I've heard of a GN swapped to a Ty. Your best option, IMO, would be a twin turbo 4.3 bored and stroked to a 5.0 A 5.0 V6 would be a scary 500+ HP torque monster on 4.11 gears. Summit Racing has a book for like $35.00 on how to build a 1,000+ HP 4.3 so it is definetly realistic!