Thread: frame swap

frame swap

Slim, you ever heard of or seen anybody do a frame swap. i have to much invested and would rather swap my 4x for a 2x. either way i will probably attemp it
    **new stereo finally under construction**

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    What motor do you have? If it's a 4.3 you should just swap out you transfer case far a Bravado AWD one and turbo charge it and have a Gen 2 Tyclone. You can unbolt your body and roll out your 4X4 frame and Roll in a 2WD one and bolt it back down. But you will spen a Helluva time looking for a good 700R4 2WD tranny, a good 2WD rear end, ect... If it was me I'd continue to drive the 4X4 and get a 2WD frame and built it from scratch.
    For $3,000.00 you can get a '97 LT1 Trans AM drivetrain complet with ECM 4.11 posi rear with discs and 4 link, basically the whole car minus the body. It would make a sweet C-notched sand blasted and detailed air bagged and cross member strengthened rolling chassie. Then one day you can roll it out of the garage, roll in the Blazer, lift the body off, roll out the 4X4 chassie and driveline, and roll in the built one. Then you can sell you 4X4 stuff on Ebay to get back some cash while you roll your sweet ass ride with minimal down time. This is just how I would do it. L8ter...

Its funny that you said that because after i posted i thought about it for awhile and decided i would rather turbo charge my 4.3 after i bore it alittle. then i would have a 2nd gen. typhoon fuckin smokin ricers off the road. thats blazin
    **new stereo finally under construction**