Thread: '79 distributer

'79 distributer

i dunno know if i even have that spelled right, but ihave a 79 and i dont know where to put the three wires that come off of the thing. If anyone knows where i can get a wiring diagram with color codes and stuff, that would be appreciated. its got a plug on the end that is connected to the three wires inside the distributer and i just need to know where each one goes...

thanks matt

If its like mine its an HEI distributer, the 2 wires on the right of the distributer goto the battery and then the one on the other side goes to the Tach.

so your saying just run the two wires on the right.....from looking at it from the top,,,i assume,,... run those to the switched powersource,,and the last one..probably green, to the tach?

Slow Ride
    the three wires to speak of plug into the cap. Then you just need to provide a switch 12 volt power source and then you can plug in a tach.

okay green to the tach... and then the other two get juice...thanks later.

well im retarded..after i found out that i have a coili that goes on top of my distributor....i found that that plug goes into the coil..and the coil is labled...but thanks anyway.

Originally posted by lowestyet1
    well im retarded..after i found out that i have a coili that goes on top of my distributor....i found that that plug goes into the coil..and the coil is labled...but thanks anyway.
    Yup...thats a HEI for ya..I was kinda wondering why you didn't notice that it says "Tach" and "+batt" on the cap..lol

i didnt have a cap at the time..i got the distibuter w/o a cap and coil.....but htanks for not making me look dumb..lol:rofl: