Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to do Column to floor shifter conversion on 2nd gen

i can not find the detent rod and cable bracket. dealer told me they only sell it as the whole shifter set up. said it cost around 400
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

They're full or shiat... The detent part num is in the 1st message.. I don't have the bracket part num off hand but it's available. 95-current are all the same bracket regardless if it's column or center shift... More than likely he just didn't want to look up the parts
    Support Sattelite Radio! Goto www.siriusbackstage.com
    goto http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal to see my updated pics!

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile
    "I live with 2 retards and a deaf person.....It's not so bad..." --Grandma

2 dealers trold me the same thing. i have the part numbers down. im gonna call them and just give them the number. see what thye come up with.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)

i got the tranny cable bracket and the mount for the cable.
    dealer told me the detent rod part number was wrong. i got the number from your post on here

finally i have all the parts to start this. tried another dealer and they got me the detent rod.

now my question for you is. on the 1st gen set up you did. from the pics. it looks like you turned the base plate around and cut a piece off. in other words before you cut anything the side of the base plate with 2 holes was towards the back of the truck. what was the reason for doin it like that?

then i look at the pics of the second gen. looks like the side of the base plate with 2 holes is towards the front of the truck.

i was wondering if i can bolt the base plate like it is in the 2nd gen.

I didn't cut anything off the base plate. Turned it around, flattened it, bolted it down..(with rubber seals)

The reason I turned it around was the hump design..

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile

what year was the console out of on the 1st gen? i mounted my base plate backwards like you did. i have a corner of the base plate sticking out past the side of the console.

maybe looks weird in the pic, but i only see one mounting hole on your base pate.

the consoles and plates are the same from 96 to current

Last edited by rlith; 01-25-2007 at 08:15 PM.

look at the pic you posted. compare it to this other one from the 1st gen you did. the plates are diffrent. im not trying to get on yopu bad side. i just want to figure this out.

built not bought pimpinblazer89's Avatar
    i picked up the 2nd gen shifter today ,anybody know what all these wires are for on the shifter , the light green and the black pull in the solnoid to shift , and i know the 2 for the light but i still have a pink , yellow , and dark green with white stripe, the yellow and pink close when in park , maybe for the back window popper like on the 1st gens? but still have a dark green with white stripe
    Jeff
    89 4x4 blazer slammed shaved
    83 2wd blazer stock << frame for my 89
    85 olds 98 daily driver

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pimpinblazer89

AIM: pimpinblazer89

YeeHaw
    Hey guys i have a question on this. I have been wanting to do this for a while, and definitely will now; the problem is that Ive got that damn peanut Butter interior. Do you think I'll still be able to find a center console in that color? From what I heard its not a very popular interior choice lol. I dont like it either but its what it came with. Thanks guys
    98 Ls 4dr 4x4
    BFG MT'S 2in. lift. Flowmaster, smoked, Granatelli, MSD, K&N, Infinity,Rocksford, occasional mud

thats what pimpoin blazers console was for a color. he painted it to match his truck