Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to do Column to floor shifter conversion on 2nd gen

x's 2 ....can u use like say a B&M shifter or the orignal shifter ? -ive always wanted the floor shifter

You can install a B&M but it would be difficult to make it fit in a oem console...Though with fiberglass anything is possible...
    Support Sattelite Radio! Goto www.siriusbackstage.com
    goto http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal to see my updated pics!

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile
    "I live with 2 retards and a deaf person.....It's not so bad..." --Grandma

so i decided to go with the orignal shifter but im having trouble finding one...today i went to 4 different autosalvage yards and none turned out.... i did check out the dealer for the price which was kinda price ...and i also check out ebay maybe i didnt look up under the right title ... so anyone have a shifter or know were i can get one ... at a decent price... remind u guys its for a second gen... well thanxs in advance

How much did that conversion cost? I'm working on a limited budget for the winter time here
    *Nationally Certified Firefighter I*
    *Emergency Medical Technician*
    1996 Blazer:New carpet, h4 conversion. Can't drop it b/c I need 4WD

this is the prices the dealer gave me for the items ...
    Gm part #15713353 89.54
    whole shifter 178.67
    Boot 65.49
    Nob 86.16

remember this is what my dealers price was ...im still thinking i could get lucky and find something a lil more comfortable.... gotta be some column out their for me

I got pretty lucky when i got mine. There is a junkyard here that is all gm. There might be a few cars here and there that are not gm but the yard is mainly gms. I told the guy what i wanted and he called me when he got one in. He charged me 50 for the console, shifter and the housing around the steering wheel. The junkyard cut the cable when they pulled the engine so i got the cable from www.gmpartscheap.com for 67.16. There is a link on the first page of this thread with pics of my install.
    My Blazer that I got rid of :(
    Cardomain page for my 95 Blazer

shoot for that price u think they will ship one for me ??? because thats a deal ...:D

I'd have to get it and ship it myself. I'm not sure how much shipping would be. I don't know if they have any now. It took him forever to get the one i have. I thought for awhile he forgot about me lol. I'm not sure when it will be but i'll check next time i'm there and see.
    My Blazer that I got rid of :(
    Cardomain page for my 95 Blazer

thanxs in advance ...ooh and good website *

i found it.... one of my friends family member works at a salvage yard and found a console for me with the shifter ...but i still need the cable ... :D

Since I could not find any local yard parts, I ordered these from GM. These are the brackets you need on the trans end of the cable.

Trans cable bracket - attaches to back 2 holes on drivers side trans. GM#15033324 cost=6.77

Lever - attaches to detent rod (shift selector on trans) GM#15251895 Cost=6.77 also.

Detent Rod - (I know its elswhere in this thread but thought I'd add it anyway) Shows as SHF PKG in GM parts.
    24235195 - cost 13.51

i know this may seem like i a stupid question but just to make sure i have the 60-40 bench with the cup holders that are side by side and come off easy. does the info you posted for the side by sides still pertain to my vehicle. thanx for indulging me i am still trying to learn about my truck.
    Doing it day by day, piece by piece

Originally posted by Sonomasport06
    i know this may seem like i a stupid question but just to make sure i have the 60-40 bench with the cup holders that are side by side and come off easy. does the info you posted for the side by sides still pertain to my vehicle. thanx for indulging me i am still trying to learn about my truck.
    You would need to convert to buckets

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile

i have been looking into wanting to change it to buckets anyway and that is one of the main reason i want to change to a floor shifter. i have heard that the sunfire seats will bolt right in. but i dont know for sure. when i change to buckets will the how to still apply for what i have? thanks
    Doing it day by day, piece by piece

Originally posted by Sonomasport06
    i have been looking into wanting to change it to buckets anyway and that is one of the main reason i want to change to a floor shifter. i have heard that the sunfire seats will bolt right in. but i dont know for sure. when i change to buckets will the how to still apply for what i have? thanks
    Just use your old rails and you'll be fine.