Thread: 5/5 Drop Questions

5/5 Drop Questions

I JUST DID A 5/5 DROP ON MY 01 2WD BLAZER. I KNOW THAT I HAVE TO GET AN ALIGNMENT, BUT WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS DO I NEED TO SHIM MY REAR AXLE NOW, OR IS THE SLIGHT VIBRATION BECAUSE MY FRONT WHEELS ARE SO OUT OF WHACK (AND THEY ARE WAY OUT OF WHACK) I USED ALL BELLTECH STUFF TOO, SPINDLES COILS BLOCKS LEAFS, AND SHOCKS. ALSO, I HAVE SOME BRAKE FADE NOW AND THEN, I LOSE MY PEDAL ONCE AND A WHILE, THEN IT COMES RIGHT BACK. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

I DID READ A STICKY ABOUT MOVING BRAKE LINES, BUT I DIDNT GET IT, SO I LEFT THEM ALONE, IF ANYONE HAS PICTURES OF THE BRAKE LINE PLACEMENT, LET ME KNOW.

THANKS

check and make sure your brake lines are not being pinched when you torn the wheel.. or when you hit a bump or anything.. jack the front of your blaze up and turn the wheels left and right and make sure you have clearance thru out the range of motion.. you should NOT have brake fade ever! as for vibration how did you lower the rear? leaf springs? or blocks or what.. also when you take your truck for an alignment you can always ask them to check your pinion angle
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

it was dropped with belltech leaf springs, and belltech blocks. i will check the brake lines, but my major ? was will the front end being out of whack like that give me a vibration?

if your front end alignment is out of wack, yes you will wobble and vibrate going down the rode.

you said leaf springs, so im guessing 3" leafs and 2" blocks, you SHOULDN'T have to shim the axel, but i can't say that right now.

get the alignment done, and then see if you have vibration. if its your axel you'll feel it under ur ass and you'll get wheel hop, and you'll know its the driveshaft..

good luck.
    stupid low. layin door on a 22/24 combo, comin soon to a street near you

alignment is done, still get a vibration between 60-65 mph. i thimk my leaf springs are in backwards.