Thread: Has anyone actually lowered a 98-up 4x4?

Has anyone actually lowered a 98-up 4x4?

I want to know if anyone has actually lowered a 98-up 4X4 jimmy, blazer or bravada? If so, what did you use? how did you do it and can you post some pics? Please

Theres craps loads of posts about doing it, but no one has posted actually doing it.

Please help...........................

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    i have here some pics Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profi...rofileid=22972

The rear is 3 inch drop leafs and 2 inch blocks, the front is the orginal belltech keys which they stoped selling

i had a 98 jimmy also which i lowerd the rear with 3 inch blocks and the front i removed the torrsion key bolts

do you know why they stopped selling them, or does anybody know who still sells the keys. I want to have it installed by a shop I go to. they will only install parts they order from companies. I dont have a problem with that, but there does not seem to be any companies that make gm s-series 4x4 drop parts.

By the way, did you or do you have any problems with your lowered 4x4's because of the drops?

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    i am not quite sure why they stopped selling them, but it had to do with the camber and not being able to aline it if you slam it like inch of the ground.

i never had any problems with my 4x4 but i dont use it any more and i am actually gonna rip it out here in a few weeks.

you can use belltech leafs and blocks in the back, do a search in 4x4 section for the torrsion bar key trick, there are several guys on here that have done that.

go to streetbeatcustoms.com, i know they have keys