Thread: need help w/airdam

87blazer

need help w/airdam

i bought a airdam from godfathercustoms.com it cost 200.00 (shipping is a bitch $80) i was wondering how the do you mount it on. it's fiberglass so should i bolt it on or what.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    is it just an air damn or is it a bummper cover/Airdamn? if its just an air damn I would think it would bolt up to were the stock one was mounted.

can you get a pic of it up in here to show and tell?
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

87blazer
    it's a bumper/airdam..it's the one 4 inch holes for lights on each side.

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    You glue it on with 3M double sided adhesive tape

That sounds right. if you bumper is crome i wolud think you should scuf it up a bit befor you aply the tape so it will stick betta. you might see what SLIM says hes got ALL the answers.

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

I wasn't going to post because you guys pretty much covered everything. So yes, double sided tape, ONLY 3M. GF Customs will try to sell you adhesive for $40, yeah right. Just scuff up the chrome and the inside of the fiberglass with 80 grit paper. Put plenty of tape on the bumper, then push her on.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

87blazer
    3M double sided tape??? never heard of it. can i get it anywhere or just a automotive store? it just don't seem like tape will hold my airdam. it is fiberglass..but still! also what is the godfathers adesive..is that tape to?

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Yeah, any automotive store will have it.. Autozone, Advanced, etc. Its used a lot to hold those tail light covers on. beleive me, it will hold if you prep it right.

yah really... if you just throw it on and dont prep it, as soon as it gets down to 40 degrees out side you will have wasted 200 bucks on that bumpercover. because the tape won't keep it's grip against the cold SMOOTH crome bumper and you'll end up running over and destroying it after you hit you first bump down the road. Always take your time no matter how simple the project is, Espesially if the part your adding is over $100, let alone $200. And never be afradid to post a question we won't laugh, unless you ask somthing like "HOW DO YOU GET THE GAS CAP OF MY BLAZER?" GOOD LUCK and keep posting.

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

87blazer
    how should i prep it? I don't have a chrome bumper. Do i still need to sand the bumper? what grit? what is the point of sanding when all your doing is putting on tape?

Use 80 drit and sand the whole thing. Just sand a 'cross hatch' desigh so that it's very rough to the touch. Remember to do it on the inside of the cover too. Then with acetone clean both 3 or 4 times. Yes, the adhesive they sell is double sided tape. That's $40 for there's and around $5 for the 3M tape (same if not better). Put a roll or two on there.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

87blazer
    ok slim..i'll try it. but the first time it falls of when i'm going down the highway doing 90.. i'll know who to get pissed off at...j/k