Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cant find where the noise is coming from.... grrrr

Positively Negative
    i know the feeling ... i was just waiting for something to break but it never did ... i finally got tired of it ... so i layed kinda halfway under it with my foot on the front tire ... pushed it with my foot to kinda rock it back and forth ... it made the noise every time it got as far forward as the transmission would allow ... so i kept doing it until i finally realized that the tranny was just barely sliding on the mount ... then i realized it was just missing a damn bolt ... kinda pissed me off that after all this time it was something so simple and obvious and i didnt catch it ... but atleast it wasnt something expensive

i know u said u checked the balljoints, but ill tell you alittle story, bout a year ago.
    i was drivin my 89 for like 2 months with a bumpin feelin under my feet, happened everytime id turn or somethin, well 1 day it hit me, 12 at night comin home from my girls goin aroun a turn, BOOM
    fuckin wheel cut, balljoint snaped n jamed the wheel right into my fender. hit a tree doin 45, got 3 tickets that nite,lol
    but thats my story, so the point is maybe even tho u checked the ball joints, it could be somethin dealin wit em.

maybe thats whats wrong with mine i'll have to check in the morning. i hope it is:bigthumb:
    1990 2Door blazer, dropped 2"up front 3"out back, pioneer DEH-P3600, two 15" kicker comp's, a gm-2000 200watt pioneer amp. SOON TO COME flowmasters, a lower drop, fresh paint, better subs and amps and some 17or18" rims
    :blazer:

balljoint snaped n jamed the wheel right into my fender
    that happend to my uncle's 82 S10
    1990 2Door blazer, dropped 2"up front 3"out back, pioneer DEH-P3600, two 15" kicker comp's, a gm-2000 200watt pioneer amp. SOON TO COME flowmasters, a lower drop, fresh paint, better subs and amps and some 17or18" rims
    :blazer:

WORD...that's what kind of noise mine WAS making but not anymore we took the wheels off and got new spacers for the bolts that bolt the pad to the disc. Then we got new shocks and put on...SO far SO good.

Mine does that to, usually just when I turn and it comes from the driver side front tire. I already replaced the ball joint for it, but it still pops. I kno my idler arms is worn but could that make it pop to?

do this...... http://www.sytyarchives.com/howto/vi...dir=suspension

i had the same problem on my blazer, its cheap and easy to do
    '92 Typhoon #0004
    '91 Syclone #0610
    '91 Syclone #2368

That's what causes that popping sound?

Originally posted by djgruesome
    That's what causes that popping sound?
    is it a loud banging noise when turning one way, and hitting bumps? then yes it is.
    '92 Typhoon #0004
    '91 Syclone #0610
    '91 Syclone #2368

I would describe it more as a popping then banging, it doesnt happen everytime I turn or hit a bump but it happens like twice a day maybe
    Last edited by djgruesome; 05-03-2004 at 05:23 PM.

Could it possibly by the C/V axles by chance? I know my driver side one needs rebuilding but I haven't gotten the money yet.

4x4

well if its a 4x4.. it could be the cross member bushin for t bar evey time u hit a bumb the tbar flexs and the cross memeber mount moves up and down.i had the same prob.. its just a little rubber mount that goes between the frame a cross member

Im starting to think that what wheels posted might be whats wrong. Because today I noticed that usually when I turn left it'll pop just a little bit, but if im turning and happen to hit a bump it'll pop louder. I just wanna make sure that it's those torsion bar mounts before I try to fix it, cause im so sick of that popping I wanna fix it for good.

I'm having something similar. When I turn my wheel more than a full turn clockwise i hear an loud pop and it feels like the whole front end jumps a little bit. I have a feeling that it's the torsion bar mounts from reading that how-to a while ago. How do I know that they are bad? Do I have to replace both or will I be able to get away with only one (depending on how they look)

Positively Negative
    Originally posted by Blazed
    I have a feeling that it's the torsion bar mounts from reading that how-to a while ago. How do I know that they are bad? Do I have to replace both or will I be able to get away with only one (depending on how they look)

put a jack under your tbar crossmember ... jack it up a little ... if the crossmember lifts off of the frame then the mount is bad