Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $Typhoon$

Originally posted by NJTy180
    The rods are not different, thats why they break.
    i got a set of stock rods and pistons from (forgot his name) on syty.net. and they were beefer looking than the rods out of my regular 4.3. even when the dealer redidi my motor under warr. they ended up putting in one new rod which was a regular 4.3 and the other 5 were sy rods. now i know why that motor only lasted 500 miles.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

Sent you an email, please email me back at MyTyphoon1993@msn.com
    Thanks
    1993 GMC Typhoon
    13.0 @ 102 MPH
    Stock
    FYA Motorsports

12 Second Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Originally posted by syclonekid43
    i got a set of stock rods and pistons from (forgot his name) on syty.net. and they were beefer looking than the rods out of my regular 4.3. even when the dealer redidi my motor under warr. they ended up putting in one new rod which was a regular 4.3 and the other 5 were sy rods. now i know why that motor only lasted 500 miles.
    well, i dunno what to tell ya. Its a general concensis that the rods and crank are no different, at least from those who I talk to, but people are known to be wrong.

Makes me wonder if my old SyTy rods and pistons are worth anything. too bad on only have 5 pistons :(
    Morgan . FQuick Garage

Rides

1998 BMW 540i/6 - Twin Turbo LS2/T56 Project
    1993 GMC Typhoon - PTE-52 Turbo, Built Trans & More
    1993 Toyota Celica GT - Stock, Daily Driver
    1970 Chevy El Camino SS - LT1/T56 Project

Originally posted by NJTy180
    well, i dunno what to tell ya. Its a general concensis that the rods and crank are no different, at least from those who I talk to, but people are known to be wrong.

Makes me wonder if my old SyTy rods and pistons are worth anything. too bad on only have 5 pistons :(

i still have a few of my old rods and a new piston and pin sitting in a box. now its making me wonder if i remeber ill take a pic for ya of what was in my motor and ill run the part#'s
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

you would be better off spending your money on a blazer with a bad engine(so you get it cheap) and drop a killer 350 in there rather then spending all that money on a typhoon....