Thread: Where do I buy a crate engine in Texas or anywhere?

Where do I buy a crate engine in Texas or anywhere?

Where would be a good website to buy a crate or even rebuilt motor? I drive the 90 s-10 blazer and was told by a friend that the 350s dont rquire and hammering of the body. I would imagine shipping would be alot so if there are any texans here that live in the dallas area then PLEEASE tell me a good place to pick one up. I have about $500 saved up so far but im guessing it will be more than that, my grandpa knows some people with a crane and he has a bit of knowledge of cars so he could prolly help with installation. What do you do with an old motor with leaks? Is there some way I can make a bit of cash off it?

scoggin dickey in lubbock texas my friend just bought a 427 crate engine from world products from there it cost 8400 but this is a high end crate u can get others for much cheaper

Bowlin' Greens Finest. badm0nkeyTN's Avatar
    the 350's fit nice and snug in there... and btw.. WTF?... 8400 for an engine? ...thats pretty steep.... heh
    Blazin with a tow package... cause face it.. at some point a BL member will need to be pulled off a speed bump...

"A man in a Nissan Titan told me Blazers have no power, he wasn't laughing when I ripped the front end off his truck..."

------------------------------------------------
    i love you, maegan alwys.

Check this out its about $3,000 Think it would fit?
    I got a pic ill attach.
    88958602 GMR 350/350 Circle Track Engine
    Great racing power at a reasonable cost (350 HP at 5000 RPM _ torque 390 @ 4000 RPM)

This is a factory sealed crate engine package, complete from high rise dual plane intake manifold, stamped steel valve covers with racing style breathers, and 8 quart single kick-out circle track racing oil pan.

The 350 engine is a great value with the nodular cast iron crankshaft, iron vortec heads with 1.94"/1.50" valves, flat tappet hydraulic lifters, and HEI distributor.

The base engine is a 330 HP 350ci, with the following parts:

4 bolt iron block
    Nodular cast iron crankshaft
    5.700" PM rod
    Cast aluminum piston
    Camshaft with hydraulic flat tappet lifters
    Iron vortec head
    High rise dual plane intake manifold
    HEI distributor
    8 quart circle track oil pan (with oil filter)
    Valve cover kit with breather tube
    Valve cover breather kit
    Special rocker arm nut "kool nut design"

Technical Notes: These engines are sealed at the intake manifold, cylinder head, front cover, and oil pan with special twist off bolt heads. The 350 HP @ 5000 RPM was derived from a superflow dyno using a 4 barrel 650 cfm Holley carburetor P/N 80541-1, 32" long by 1 5/8" to a 1 3/4" stepped header with a 3" collector, and 92 octane unleaded gasoline. This engine package DOES NOT include a water pump. Oil pan clears most GM rear steer chassis with stock engine location. Oil pan is 8" deep at sump.

Heres the pic, sorry for the spam posts lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hey monkey the 8400 dollar engine my friend bought like said its a smallblock 427 with 530 hp now u still think its steep

you could probly take a 350 and spend a couple thousand and get 530 hp out of it.

Scoggin Dickey also has the Ram Jet 350. All you have to do is attach a 12 volt power supply and an electric fuel pump. It's not a racing engine but I didn't get the impression you wanted to race (at least not on a track).:D Pretty good deal for $4,985. 350 HP, 400 LB FT torque. Ram Jet 350 comes complete with wiring harness, MEFI controller and detailed instructions

RamJet 350

93 S-10, 2.8, 5 Spd
    97 TransAM Ram Air
    01 2500HD, 8.1, Allison

so the fuel pump in the gas tank is not needed??

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    www.sdpc2000.com is your best bet. As previously mentioned they are out of texas and have bad ass prices. That is where i was origanlly going to get my crate motor from. But i got a local chevy dealer to match the price and have no shipping costs. Try a local chevy dealer. They can also get pretty much any crate engine gm makes. I have a 260 hp 350 ft/lbs of torque crate. Its the base motor. I believe its around 1300 bucks now. I paid like 1590 a year ago for it but that safter tax and shit. SHipping is usually abour 150 or so. But for like 2500 chevy make sa complelte engine with intake water pump and everythign based off the crate motor i have. If your not to mechincally inclinded you could go with that so you dont have to find what parts match the engine best.

You can get create engines from:

www.paceparts.com
    www.summitracing.com
    GM Dealership

I like the 383 myself!
    I'm better than some but not as good as other's!
    1985 s10 V8 Bitch
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2171380

Originally posted by Vindicut
    so the fuel pump in the gas tank is not needed??
    The in-tank fuel pump would be the easiest conversion because the RamJet is fuel injected and needs the fuel fed to it at a high pressure.
    93 S-10, 2.8, 5 Spd
    97 TransAM Ram Air
    01 2500HD, 8.1, Allison

Go to E-bay there's a shop in Houston that sells hi-po crate engines.:smoker:
    85 - 350, 700R, 9" - SOLD!
    01 - Extreme PU, 4.3, auto -SOLD!
    98 - LT4, T56, Disc brk 8.5 - For Sale
    02 - Extreme Blazer Daily Driver - Sold
    02- Custom Chev Silverado - Sold
    08- Corvette conv.