Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5/6 Inch Drop On A Blazer (pics)

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    L&L
    I just did a Bell Tech 4" drop on the front of mine, and it sits at least as low as your's. 2" springs, 2" spindles. I swear they sent me 3" springs. But it still rides good so it works for me. From my fender lip to the center of my wheel is 14". Now I got to get the back down another inch.

Nice stuff! I've got 3" de-arched leaf spings in the back, as well as 3" blocks, C-notch and Belltech Nitro-Drop shocks.. I find it sits well like this.. I have not measured from the lip to the center of the wheel so I don't know what mine is.. Heres a picture of the wheels up closer..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those are schweet mirrors! where did you get them?

Where did you get your c-notch from?? Was it hard to install??
    thankz
    Chris

The mirrors are just APC S-10 sport truck mirrors. They have been painted to match the truck.. The C-notch I a friend install it.. Its a little different then regular S-10 Pickup C-notches. The only thing you sould watch for is you have to relocate the fuel lines on the drivers side, and you will be welding near them..I figured it would be best to have a professional welder do the job..Everything else was easy.

Hey hivoltage, I like your Blazer. Looks like its comin' along well.

thanks. I just ordered nitro drop shocks for the front and Speed Glo mirrors for it, they should all be here by next weekend. Hopefullly I can get the windows tinted (5-10% all around) soon too. then I am C-notching mine and dropping the back another inch. By the way, you have a pretty nice truck there yourself.

where did you buy your c-notch from???? yeah i know the c notch is different from reg. s-10 notches...can u use a sawzaw to cut the notch?

I bought the C-notch from the guy who welded it. He made it out of a 6 or 7" diameter pipe (cut in half). The guy did a very nice job, so I'm happy that I took it to a shop.. He used a cardboard template to outline the cut, than moved the fuel lines. Cut out the outline and weld in the C-notch.. I'm not sure if you can buy C-notch kits or not.. Did you check out the C-notch Tech article? Mine is done a little differently but essentially the same thing.

How much did the guy charge you?

$300 Canadian.

yo L&L just wonderin what your paint was looks a lot like mine, is it metallic black cherry? and anyone tell me a price to make a c-notch?
    91 s-10 blazer purple-cowl hood-rollpan-phantom grille-lil rims-5/5 drop-355-700r4-3.42-3-10" subs-2amps!!! UNINSURED DRIVER! 93 ford probe GT.

yes, the paint is Black Cherry.. I Don't think mine is metallic though.. It has a bit of sparkle to it, but I think that colour was just like that..

yeha i love that color mine is mettalic, its really different makes you shit stand out, my other question someone tell me how much and how hard it is to make a c-notch? thank u
    91 s-10 blazer purple-cowl hood-rollpan-phantom grille-lil rims-5/5 drop-355-700r4-3.42-3-10" subs-2amps!!! UNINSURED DRIVER! 93 ford probe GT.

what part of ontario are you from?