Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5/6 Inch Drop On A Blazer (pics)

when you go 5/6 i believe you will hit frame in the rear.. even with the bumpstop mount removed.. and you dont wanna go 7" in the front.. mine is 6" and it somewhat rides nice.. dosent bottom out or anything.. but the frame is VERY low.. like 3-3 1/2 in of clearance.. id go with a 5/5 or 5/6 with airshocks in the rear.. and if you wanna see a pic of mine 6/6 hit me up on AIM.. blazn89s10

matt
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Lightbulb

Yes, with a 5/6, removal of the bumpstop and bracket is a must. I smack the rear end every so often (big dips/bumps). I don't think it's a big deal. Everyone's waiting for someone manufacter a c-notch exclusively for the Blazer (bolted or welded on). I'm toying with the air shock idea for times when I have someone or something in the back (not very often), maybe a cheap, temporary fix. Check my sig for pics.
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

here ya are boys 7/7 metal slammed!

here
    It hurts your kidneys to blaze THIS low
    click here to see my baby

jacksonville,Palm Coast, Daytona,Orlando, florida
    i have pics of mine when it was lowered 5/6 drop on it i was on 235-50-16s in the front an 255-50-16s in the rear . i had air shocksin the rear .
    aim*DRAGGINHARDCORE

bagged an dragged

some clips of me draggin
    http://www.hornblasters.com/vide.php?pic=19
    HARDCOREMINIS.net
    pics of my blazer an other stuff
    community.webshots.com/user/thumperc25
    http://www.cardomain.com/profile/thumperc25
    4 door love

jacksonville,Palm Coast, Daytona,Orlando, florida
    dammit i hate this..,email me for pics
    aim*DRAGGINHARDCORE

bagged an dragged

some clips of me draggin
    http://www.hornblasters.com/vide.php?pic=19
    HARDCOREMINIS.net
    pics of my blazer an other stuff
    community.webshots.com/user/thumperc25
    http://www.cardomain.com/profile/thumperc25
    4 door love

Yea, I have a 5/6 on my blazer..It still kinda Jars you when you go over bumps, but thats with no c-notch. Heres a pic of my truck

I have a 5-6 or so on my 91 blazer and notice if you take it easy it wont bottum. i have cut springs before and man what a difference, i was abot 1/2 inch from ridding on the lower control arm and it sucked. Someone said earlier in the thread that you can only go 5 without bags, i dont believe that is true, You should be able to get he 2in spindles and 2in control arms to make a 4inch drop and have the factory spring and if necessary go with the 3in drop spring for a total or 7 inches and it should ride ok and not hit alot. let me know if that is right. I am looking to get 2in lower control arms in the front and get factory springs or keep the 3in springs. Does anyone have this set up? 2in spindles, 3in springs, and 2in lower control arms??? Let me know. With airshocks in the rear I could go up to 6-7 without cnotch. thanks benc

chlnlow: how much clearance do you have? How's it ride?

Anybody got pictures of dropped s-10's. Don't get me wrong i love blazers but the reality of the matter is i have a truck.
    93 sdime
    *factory hunter green 4.3 v6
    FOR SALE!!!!!
    Suspension: 3/4 drop soon to be 5/6
    Interior: Custom carpteing and blowthru to cap custom blue leather seats.
    System: Sony MX610 cd player, infinity kappa 60.5cs components, custom fiberglassed kick panels.

Clearance is def a prob. I can get over anything within reasons, speed bumps etc... but the fram is the lowest part so I scrape the frame often but its no big deal. The main prob now is when the front tires come down off the speed bump if is a big one the truck sits right down on the y pipe (bad), I take it real slow so it drags but the whole trucks weight is on it and I think I am getting a leak from the manifold now. Once the cold season is up I am getting headers and a custom y pipe that hugs the bottom of the tranny then I wont have any probs. The lowest part is the center skid plate under the engine, it only sits about 5" high, but it doesn't hit much because the wheels are big enough it lift it up when going over stuff. Ride quality was mediocre and shitty at times. Sothin comin i forgot to do was cut off the bottom bump stop brackets when I notched the top ones out and the notch, which in return doesn't let the axle go fully up into the notch. Sawzall fixed that. Another thing is from now on I will not recomend cutting coils, top and bottom coils are your load coils, the middle ones just compress. When you cut off the load coil you sink but you also have no strength so you bounce. This is bad because when you are as low as I am the bounce makes you bottom a arm go up and smack you frame ( not comfy)
    solution you must cut you spring pocket like all the bagged members do do gain clearance and then get a custom made drop coil that is thicker and stiffer. Less suspension but overall great ride ( for this big of a drop) I would say my suspension is better than most other trucks I have been in, and that is sweet considering I am dropped static further than any 2nd gen 4 door I have ever seen or heard of. But I won't lie took a lot of time, money, and effort to do the truck, because it wasn't just spindles,coils, etc.... You have to start doing a lot more when gettting this low.

Just incase you dont' know, 2nd gens with the same drop, tire size, etc will be lower than a first.

Although, your ride does look hot that low.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

My '87 Blazer is lowered 5/6. I have 225/60's on a 15 inch wheel. About 1" shorter than my factory wheels. Everything is Belltech.
    Attached Images Attached Images

when u go 5/6 do u have to remove your fender wells.. im running 15" stock right now what do u think?

nope depending on tire size you might have to take a sledge hammer and pound in you wheel wells in the spots the rub if they even do.

I didn't have to. Although I can't crank the steering all the way or it does rub a bit. I didn't remove my fender wells.

L&L where in ontario are u from........
    Bagged 89 Jimmy