Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pics of my belltech key install

pics of my belltech key install

in all with the bolt all the way out i got about 4.5" drop in front, the rear is lowered 3" via blocks.

to answer a few questions right off.

NO it was not difficult. (not much is anymore, i'm a mechanic)

YES it bottoms out on big bumps.

YES i cut half the bumpstop off.

YES its dirty.

YES the handles broke.

anymore questions fire away.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My trucks have a few mods

i know how hard it is to actually get help on here.

i will tell you right off, i had to take the sway bar off and that was a mother focker to get back on.

last one

workin ta blaze (93) :-) miniguy4life's Avatar
    did u actually get both your barz to slide out?? i couldnt when i didn mine and u need some new tirez my 215 60/z looke hella better with the drop i cut the entire bump stop braket of also if u wanna c a pic hit me bac

josh
    93 blaze she is gettin smooth and cleanin up the interior(performance time) :-) any modz sit in my closet :-/ soon though

my bars came out pretty easy with an 8 inch punch and a 6 lb sledge hammer.

i didn't know for sure what i was doin and i knocked one out and the bar about hit me then the key fell and missed my foot by a couple inches, needless to say i learn fast.

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    why did u take the sway bar out?

i couldnt get my torsion bars to break free at either end so i took an air chisel and cut the point off and used it as a punch and went to town on it finally it broke free at the keys.. so i unbolted the cross member and slid it towards the back of the truck, keys just slid out. i did all this for the torsion bar trick..... But today i ordered the keys and they are coming on thursday.. so thursday night i will put them on! and friday morn i probly put the rear blocks on.. i cant wait....

ohh yea.. it looks good much nicer lower! ohh dont worry about the handle, my drivers side handle is broken too.. lol

ohh yea for the bumpstop do u think its fine to leave them out once its lowered? i can cut mine but one nut was rounded off so i had to get the sawzall out and cut the nut off..... so if i get new ones i can just cut them down?
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

so hows your 4 wheel drive? .....still work?

Originally posted by LaynLo17
    i know how hard it is to actually get help on here.

I hope that im misunderstanding you, but you're saying that is hard to get help on this site.. If so, please tell me how.. I'm interested in hearing this (im not being sarcastic, im just wondering what you view as needing improvement, thats all)
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    I hope that im misunderstanding you, but you're saying that is hard to get help on this site.. If so, please tell me how.. I'm interested in hearing this (im not being sarcastic, im just wondering what you view as needing improvement, thats all)
    i'm sorry, now that i read it it does sound a little bad. what i meant was that there are not enough people actually on here willing to help with doing an install like this. most people have only "helped" a friend or knows someguys friends brother who has done this and only knows what goes on in general. i researched this project for a long time on here and looking back on it most peoples accounts on the key install are vague and leave out some important details.

i think that an important one would be this. i took my sway bar out to remove the extra pressure on the torsion bars to make the removal much easier. without that extra pressure i was able to knock the bars free in only a few hits. that way i have free movement of the lower control arm and the reinstall goes 10 times more smoothly.

i don't want to put anyone work down but the t bar trick is ghetto IMO. i think that more people on this site would rather do something the correct way if they had the extra $110 to pay for keys.

Originally posted by phatfarmer2

ohh yea for the bumpstop do u think its fine to leave them out once its lowered? i can cut mine but one nut was rounded off so i had to get the sawzall out and cut the nut off..... so if i get new ones i can just cut them down?
    you can leave them out but i have left mine in for obvious reasons, my tire would be all up in my fender trim if i didn't, lol.

Originally posted by blazzerman101
    so hows your 4 wheel drive? .....still work?
    ya, it still works. i need to do some tuning with the torsion bars first, one side of my blazer sits an inch lower than the other side. i don't believe i'll have any problems with the 4x4.

looks nice! what kind of drop blocks are good? do you have a link?

and what did you mean when you said the handles broke?
    1989 merkur XR4Ti
    1987 merkur XR4Ti

megasquirt 2 extra EFI

Originally posted by boominrick

and what did you mean when you said the handles broke?
    I would guess he is talking about the passenger door handle.
    Look in the second pic.

Zach
    Originally posted by Blazin Low

I hope he has an epileptic fit while holding that chainsaw and takes himself and his boyfriend out.

85 4x4 AWD mustang killing
    LT-4 powered bad
    mama jama.

Originally posted by zach
    I would guess he is talking about the passenger door handle.
    Look in the second pic.

Zach
    actually thats the custom one i mounted sideways :rofl:

i got my blocks from summit.

sry to get off subject but where did u get those fenderflares at?