Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: pics of my belltech key install

Originally posted by BdyDrpn
    sry to get off subject but where did u get those fenderflares at?

those are factory flares. originally my blazer was out fitted with the "tahoe" package which included all the rubber stick on stuff from hell and the shiny trim along the bottom. it also had the roof rack, rear window wing, goofy ass spare tire thing, tow hooks (lol) and chrome fender trim. i didn't like it and saw some of the black ones on an s-10. i found out they came factory on 1st gens, tracked me down a set for cheap and got them.
    My trucks have a few mods

nice job. I'm looking to drop mine this summer. probably 3/3 ish.. eat up that nasty wheel well gap and I agree I'd rather do it right for $120 than chop the x-member..

If your fine doing something irreversable (except via replacement) then all the power to you. but as for me I'll vouch for the keys. Too bad you didnt post pics as you went along though, that'd have been kick ass.

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    i will make a how to, my keys are coming on thursday so hopefully i will have it done at night, and i will take all the pics i can.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Originally posted by Sims
    nice job. I'm looking to drop mine this summer. probably 3/3 ish.. eat up that nasty wheel well gap and I agree I'd rather do it right for $120 than chop the x-member..

If your fine doing something irreversable (except via replacement) then all the power to you. but as for me I'll vouch for the keys. Too bad you didnt post pics as you went along though, that'd have been kick ass.
    i never even thought of taking pics of it doh

no worries.. I always plan to then forget at the last minute lol :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Sims
    no worries.. I always plan to then forget at the last minute lol :rolleyes:
    all that matters is the pics of the finished product

Western Washington The Truth: Being a jerk, so you realize how dumb you really are!
    Originally posted by phatfarmer2
    i will make a how to, my keys are coming on thursday so hopefully i will have it done at night, and i will take all the pics i can.
    When your done do me a favor and send me a copy. I am gonna be doing a drop here shortly (as soon as I can get different rims and tires...)

Yeah I think everybody would appreciate pics of the whole job :bigthumb:

i dont agree with u sayin buying keys is "right" and cuttin the crossmember is not ....i mean that is for people that want a cool,low stance and not throw down $120 for it .....cuttin it cost no money and u can get about as much drop as buyin the keys.
    Last edited by BdyDrpn; 03-24-2004 at 04:48 PM.

Originally posted by BdyDrpn
    i dont agree with u sayin buying keys is "right" and cuttin the crossmember is not ....i mean that is for people that want a cool,low stance and not throw down $120 for it .....cuttin it cost no money and u can get about as much drop as buyin the keys.
    actually installing keys IS the "right" thing to do. i don't see belltech or djm making a how to on cutting d shaped holes in crossmembers to lower 4x4s.

doin everything by the book isnt always the only option......and why would djm put something like that up then they would be losin money by tellin people the way to do lower ur truck besides buyin their products...that is stupid to buy their stuff because u have a how-to right here on this website for free....and if u got the money to lower ur truck by buyin keys then good for u .....i dont so i turn to the smart option by doin it for free and it still looks cool...while urs might look cool u spent $120 on it and that is just more money u have to work for to get ....when i just cut out d's in mine and its the same thing

Western Washington The Truth: Being a jerk, so you realize how dumb you really are!
    You can do ahead and chop the front suspension up...Theres a reason there only made to be lowered 3 inches...When the bills start piling up from the messed up front suspension, you'll regret the decision to cut it up!

im replacin all of my control arms anywayz with s 10 arms and i dont have 4wd crap in it anymore so i dont have much to worry about i aint tryin to start nothin so dont get all pissy

just another point for using the keys is that in order for the 4x4 system to work properly the truck cant be lowered more than 3". Thats probably the main reason why Belltech doesnt make a drop lower than 3" for the 4x4's
    AIM-Tdevil9999

IMHO if your going to tear out all the 4x4 shit then you might as well just buy a 2wd and you can lower it as far as you want without any hassles and its a lot cheap. No worries about axle binding or anything.. seems pointless to rip out 4x4 shit..