Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: pics of my belltech key install

the blaze is goin in for primer this weekend, i'll be block sandin it all week to get all the rattle can black off.
    My trucks have a few mods

:bigthumb: didn't primer the hood, might be "workin" on it or buyin a "new" hood.

ha, i also got a 2nd gen rollpan i'm "workin" on to fit. pics of that by next weekend.

did u cut your wing off the hinges?

Originally posted by BdyDrpn
    did u cut your wing off the hinges?
    cut it off and smoothed it out, the little ovals it left looked trick so i left them.

what can you expect if you just adjust the stock keys down or remove the screws? my tires are about 27" (255/50-17) and don't quite "tuck" well so i don't want to lower it too much.

edit 'cause i should add that right now if i measure tire to fender opening i have about 7" in front and about 6" in the rear. if i could half both of those, along with evening it out front to rear, i'd be satisfied.
    Last edited by Philphine; 04-21-2004 at 10:00 AM.
    start where you are,
    use what you have,
    do what you can. arthur ashe

Originally posted by Philphine
    what can you expect if you just adjust the stock keys down or remove the screws? my tires are about 27" (255/50-17) and don't quite "tuck" well so i don't want to lower it too much.

edit 'cause i should add that right now if i measure tire to fender opening i have about 7" in front and about 6" in the rear. if i could half both of those, along with evening it out front to rear, i'd be satisfied.
    dude, can you get me a pic of your tires? i'm gonna run that size in the front and want to know what it looks like.

stock keys maybe 2 inches max.

thanks for the info.

sorry, i'm on a cheap internet browser and don't have pic capability. i can say they're stock impala ss tires (you probaly know that already), so maybe if you know someone with one they'll let you try them on? i think the bolt pattern is the same, but i have them on other wheels. i like the size. they don't look to small for the truck and i think a small drop will keep the truck good and practical without them looking too lost in the wheel well gap wise.

took the bolts out this weekend. now i have about 4" from the tire top to the fender lip. that'll work for me. i have some 3" blocks but i went back and got some 2" blocks 'cause that should put the front and back real close to even. haven't put them on yet.

not really "slammed" but i'm pretty happy with it. at least i don't feel like it looks like a blazer on stilts.
    start where you are,
    use what you have,
    do what you can. arthur ashe

Originally posted by Philphine
    at least i don't feel like it looks like a blazer on stilts.
    werd, i still feel too high. but its not goin any lower, i need practical daily driver lowered, not drag over the speedbump lowered. at least now i can see the roof of my blazer without having stand on something.

than again i could bag it like my truck :smoker:

Cool Question about belltech keys and lowering???

My blazer is lowered 3 inches in the back with belltech lowering blocks and the front is lowered by taking the torsion bolts all the way out which gives me about 2. I wanted 3 inches even in the front so i orded the belltech keys. My question is since I have the torsion bolts out wich gives me 2 inches, when I install the new belltech keys which will drop 3 inches, will that give me a total of 5 in the front??? I will also be taking step by step pictures of the whole progress.
    :bigthumb:

dude ...2+3=:confused: ..come on man

So to get only 3 inches in the front, I would have to put back on the torsion bolts when I install the new keys?

Does anybody know???

i would think 5 but who knows.

you'll get about a 4 in the front total. thats all you can really get with teh 4x4 still workin.
    with the bolts all the way out.

4/3 drop

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.